PDA

View Full Version : What news on the Null front?

Billy T
21-11-2002, 06:29 PM
Hi Team

I am still getting intermittent Null screens when trying to preview posts. Using the browser back button always returns me to my original post so there is nothing lost, but why is this persisting?

I did not experience this problem until recently, about the same time as others reported the problem and there have been no changes to my browser or other settings.

I'm curious as to the cause.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) ?:|

P.S. Didn't get a Null when previewing this post :8}

Peter H
21-11-2002, 07:31 PM
Happened to me this AM - also on preview - 2nd time OK.
Bye

tweak\'e
21-11-2002, 08:38 PM
the null null problem appears to be fixed but knowing murphy's law........

Iris
21-11-2002, 08:45 PM
"I am still getting intermittent Null screens when trying to preview posts. Using the browser back button always returns me to my original post so there is nothing lost, but why is this persisting"

Had this happen to me this evening.

Signed in no problem but when I went to preview a reply I was making I got message "You are not authorised please sign in" Signed in and all went well.

Then I went to make a posting about this one and got that message about "not being authorised etc"

Haven't made any changes either.

Jen C
21-11-2002, 08:45 PM
Murphy's Law Applies.

I got my very first null error tonight :_|.

Terry Porritt
21-11-2002, 08:59 PM
Me also, got a null tonight and was flipped back into guest mode. Couldnt preview at all.

This post is doing the same, can't preview.

Billy T
21-11-2002, 09:36 PM
Phew :D

For a minute there I thought it was something I said :^O

I guess Bruce will get somebody onto it again soon. From my point of view the incidence has not changed for many weeks.

It's an irritant more than a problem but it would be nice to get it fixed.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) Null

Mary H
22-11-2002, 08:42 AM
Hi guys,

As you'll see from Lai Ping's post on this thread (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=28135) yesterday the problem was related to changing url's from pressf1.co.nz to pressf1.pcworld.co.nz.

Billy T: When you preview your post and get the null error, what is the url once on the preview page? Is it pressf1.pcworld.co.nz or pressf1.co.nz?

I had the null problem on my machine here, but it seems to be fixed since yesterday's changes.

Mary H
22-11-2002, 09:10 AM
Hi again,

Could those of you who are still having problems please update their bookmarks to http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz and then try going through the post procedure and see if you have any further problems.

Billy T
22-11-2002, 09:39 AM
Hi Mary

When logged on via an email notification the URL showed as the new improved fully featured version, but my desktop shortcut used an extraordinarily long and complicated string ending in .nsf and dating back to the formal launch.

I don't know if this is what you meant, but it is possible that the nulls only occurred when I logged on directly, but if I responded to an email advice, preview worked ok.

Time will tell, but this message previewed fine. :D

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :D :D

Graham L
22-11-2002, 05:15 PM
I'm all right now.:D I was getting the "null" preview and logging out consistently. Jen's getting my share now ]:)

Terry Porritt
22-11-2002, 05:39 PM
Having changed the url, deleted the old cookies, and accepted a fresh lot, it's all OK now. Yippee!