PDA

View Full Version : AutoCorrect for Netscape / Outlook

will@duraseal
21-11-2002, 04:39 PM
Hiya
would ANYONE know how to configure autocorrect for Netscape (6+)? I'd like Composer to auto-complete and/or correct words as I type an email. Is that possible???

I believe this is possible on Outlook - using Word's custom dictionary? Is it? Anyone have a better grasp of the intricacies of browsers?

Cheers
Will

GeoffW
21-11-2002, 08:10 PM
Hi Will

Check out "UltimaShell Professional "

It is shareware and you can download a trial from here:
http://www.tucows.com/business/preview/231379.html

A piece from a review.

"UltimaShell Professional is a comprehensive tool box and enhancement for MS windows. It autocompletes words/phrases, autoexpands shorthands in any applications on MS Windows and auto-learns new words while you type."

Geoff W

mikebartnz
21-11-2002, 09:15 PM
For one I would move to NS7 as it is so much better.
As for Autocorrect within NS Mail (not composer which is their html editor) as you type it is not possible just check spelling on send but a previous poster mentioned an external program.

Jim B
21-11-2002, 10:42 PM
NS Web

Edit/Preferences /Navigator/Smart Browsing /Location Bar/ Autocomplete

NS Mail

Edit/Preferences/Mail and Newsgroups/Addressing/Address auto completion.

will@duraseal
22-11-2002, 09:59 AM
THANK YOU ALL, for such amazingly prompt replies(!).

I was hoping to enable AutoCorrect, while I typed the main body of an email message - as opposed to correcting email addresses and URL links.

Was there a simpler solution for Netscape Mail and/or Outlook? Or was the external shareware program suggested earlier, the only way to go? (I use NS now, I'm not certain what Outlook can do).

Suggestions??? Cheers all,
Will

will@duraseal
22-11-2002, 09:59 AM
THANK YOU ALL, for such amazingly prompt replies(!).

I was hoping to enable AutoCorrect, while I typed the main body of an email message - as opposed to correcting email addresses and URL links.

Was there a simpler solution for Netscape Mail and/or Outlook? Or was the external shareware program suggested earlier, the only way to go? (I use NS now, I'm not certain what Outlook can do).

Suggestions??? Cheers all,
Will