PDA

View Full Version : F1 bug???

Colpol
21-11-2002, 09:05 AM
I have posted 2 messages to F1 and both times after posting i have been returned to the Guest screen, and not my logged in screen. Is this a bug or have I got a wrong setting somewhere?
Cheers
Colin

Clueless
21-11-2002, 09:11 AM
well it isn't happening to everyone....
standard questions here:

Your browser is?
Your OS?
Are these "new topics" or "replys"?

.Clueless

Colpol
21-11-2002, 09:14 AM
Sorry I should have included that info
IE 6, XP Pro, New posts.

robo
21-11-2002, 09:15 AM
I think you can't be accepting cookies.
Check that in IE (you using IE?).
robo.

(No bugs around here, no, nope, nosiree, not one.)

Colpol
21-11-2002, 09:21 AM
I am accepting cookies. I get automaticily logged on when I access the F1 site and my security setting is set to medium.

Chilling_Silence
21-11-2002, 09:22 AM
I have been getting that lately too, it comes and goes, but only on my home PC's using IE. Phoenix is fine!

Clueless
21-11-2002, 09:28 AM
'spose i should be pratty and report no problems here with Opera 6.5 98SE on my dear slug "Vanessa"

And i have had intermittant bursts of this prob before, but only in Greymouth using IE, ME, and a much faster machine. i didn't take much notice at the time, infact i forgot all about it but.........

:D

.Clueless

tweak\'e
21-11-2002, 09:56 AM
i think the session setting is all screwed up in the cookies.

i posted a message then it thinks i havn't read ANY message on F1 before.
sometimes even the page settings are different like i'm suddenly someone esle. that might explain the NULL NULL errors.

Chilling_Silence
21-11-2002, 09:59 AM
You know, I've never actually seen a NULL page yet, but I'm told that its a sight to see :p
I too have checked all my config settings to do with cookie when at home. Its intermittent and it doesnt really worry me, it only takes another 10 seconds tops, and it doesnt happen all the time, so I'll live.

Its a computer, whaddaya expect? :)

robo
21-11-2002, 12:00 PM
I don't know who that other bozo pretending to be me was, but there is a bit of an "issue" apparently.

It doesn't happen to me though, so it isn't that serious.

They are working on it.

robo.

Clueless
21-11-2002, 12:35 PM
reincarnating my memory cells i discover:
]
it happens untill the machine got used to me/other being logged in, In Greymouth, Dyans log in seemed to require reassurance, i didn't want to confuse things by changing to my ID, so i ended up posting 1 or 2 things unders hers. I had the same problem some time before that using my own log-in, same machine IE ME..

I must take Opera over there next time!

.Clueless

laiping
21-11-2002, 02:34 PM
Hi guys,

the problem should be gone now. We've recently changed the host name from pressf1.co.nz to pressf1.pcworld.co.nz within the PressF1 application and the server has used a mixture of these names when redirecting pages -- hence affecting users' session/cookies. We've modified the server configuration and that should solve the problem.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

robo
21-11-2002, 02:38 PM
We apologise for the delay, normal service will resume shortly.

(thanks, Lai Ping)

robo.

Chilling_Silence
21-11-2002, 02:46 PM
> We apologise for the delay, normal service will
> resume shortly.
>
sound's like I'm being put on hold while waiting for a telephone helpdesk :D;):p

Graham L
21-11-2002, 04:06 PM
If I get the consistent (a) logoff with first posting and (b) consistent "nul" previews still, I will say that the phrase should read "Sorry about the service, normal delay will resume soon."

(b) didn't get nul preview ... WOW. Now to post it ...

Graham L
21-11-2002, 04:08 PM
... and (a) it didn't log me out. WOW^2

Well done chappies. Hiding things in different places can cause strange problems. :D

Jen C
21-11-2002, 04:51 PM
:_|:_|:_|

The problem is still here! I just got my first "Null" after previewing and got logged out as well!

Graham L
21-11-2002, 04:56 PM
It can't be an issue, Jen. ;-) It didn't affect robo, and now it doesn't affect me. Perhaps they changed the list of "people to bug" so that I'm off it, and you're on it. :D