PDA

View Full Version : what is this running process..Rnaapp?

Term_X
19-11-2002, 11:12 PM
jus wondering what is this process that runs even though i dont any programs running..eg...when i check whats running..i see the usual.. explorer..systray..nav..but havent got a clue whats Rnaapp?..someone enlighten me

cheers

godfather
19-11-2002, 11:32 PM
RNAAPP (Remote Network Access Application) is a core executable for Microsoft Windows Dial-Up Networking.

Jim B
19-11-2002, 11:46 PM
RNAAPP (Remote Network Access Application) is one of those occasionally visible yet mysterious little programs that come with the Microsoft Windows 95/98 operating system. It is part of Windows' Dial Up Networking capability. Users can see it in Windows Explorer as rnaapp.exe. (The exe stands for executable, meaning it's a file that is a program.) RNAAPP can be the source of a problem when trying to get Internet access. It sometimes remains in memory from a previous connection, making the system believe that a connection is already established.

One approach if you get the message that "Dial-up Networking could not establish a compatible set of network protocols" or "port in use error" is to simply press ctrl-alt-delete, find RNAAPP in the task list, select it, and then click on the End Task button.

Term_X
20-11-2002, 12:21 AM
ahhhhhhhh thanks heaps Jim and Godfather..i thought it had something to do with internet access..wasnt quite sure..but you guys have confirmed my thoughts..and yeps Jim..sometimes when i went to get online..it wouldnt dial up and end tasking that process fixed the prob

Jim and God...cheers!

Steve Askew
20-11-2002, 07:06 AM
heres a useful site for those that are curious about programs that are running in the bacground

http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist.htm

cheers Steve