PDA

View Full Version : Sensitive mouse

Chao is back
19-11-2002, 08:04 PM
I have an A4Tech two button and scroll wheel optical mouse. when i single click it sometimes does a double click this is especially noticeable in Solitaire. I've tried changing the double click speed but it didn't help.

utopia
19-11-2002, 09:07 PM
I think you have the same mouse as me: A4Tech Dual Scroll mouse 4D++.
I don't get any double clicks when I single-click on solitare. Maybe you could update the mouse software to see if that fixes your problem OR the mouse you have could be faulty.

godfather
19-11-2002, 09:18 PM
To eliminate a faulty button, go into the Mouse settings under control panel and swap the buttons over. Use your right button then for a while and see if its software or hardware related.

pluto
19-11-2002, 11:33 PM
I have got the same mouse (A4tech) except its not optical but just normal with scroll button.

I have the problem of the screen shaking (like when you place a ringing mobile phone near the monitor) when i click on the scrollbar and try to drag it down. Also everynow and then the mouse stops working ( doesnt go vertical but horizontal only )

I have opened it cleaned it but still it sometimes plays up. I plan to get a USB mouse later on. I have tried pluggin a mouse into a serial port instead of PS2 port but it doesnt get detected by the OS. Do i need to change IRQ's for serial port/mouse or is it something else. Any suggestions???

Thankxx

Vince
20-11-2002, 03:01 AM
My MS weel mouse does the same thing. I think that it is a hardware fault. A little sideways movement of the mouse button makes two contacts, thereby giving in effect ,a double click.

Graham L
20-11-2002, 01:22 PM
pluto: (1)The serial port you tried might be disabled in the BIOS.
(2) I think that if you try to change mice ports, you need to power down/up for the change to be noticed.
(3) If the serial port is OK, (and not duplicated by an internal modem), try disabling the PS/2 port in the BIOS settings. That should make the system look for a mouse eleswhere. :D

olldaddy76
20-11-2002, 02:52 PM
Every time I have trouble with my Warex wireless mouse the problem has ben dirt inside the mouse....which my wife has to clean as I lost one eye 42 years ago. I dislike wires for connecting and have both wireless mouse and keyboard and am hopefil of economical future connection wih other periferals.........do you know of any of these possibilties...