PDA

View Full Version : Website uploading problems

Catweazle
16-11-2002, 01:29 PM
Help! I usually use dreamweaver mx to upload files to my orcon site. Yesterday I tried uploading some graphics and a java applet but dreamweaver kept disconnecting from orcons server. I downloaded cuteFTP and tried uploading from that but the same problem :( I can connect to my site alright and see all the files I have on the remote server but it just won't upload. I have winxp pro (which I have recently updated. Suspicious!) All my modem and ftp settings appear to be correct. HELP! Any ideas?

sal
16-11-2002, 01:39 PM
orcon sometimes has problems in different locations (last place was Tauranga if i remember correctly), mainly because of the latest surge of applications for free webspace, and the way they distribute available webspace
so its no problem on your end (i think)

grtz sal.
tga

Catweazle
16-11-2002, 06:46 PM
Cheers! Thanks Sal......Bugger :( I'll leave it for a while then and hope it gets better (very) soon...

Catweazle

prue
16-11-2002, 07:40 PM
I am having the same or similar problem. I bought a new computer 6 weeks ago xp home, and although I seem to connect to my orcon site through my Namo ftp I cant open the remote file to show the listings . I want to replace some of them and add others but althoug it would be happy to download the lot alphabetically it wont give me the chance of selecting what I want to get and not a hope of adding anything. All I can do is stop the downloading and give up.
Perhaps Orcon hates XP as much as I do. Prue

godfather
16-11-2002, 07:56 PM
I have just tried my Orcon site, its fine.
Using XP as well.

Prue, your firewall may be blocking your access?

Go to Network, view network connections, right click on your connection, select properties, advanced.

If there is a tick in the Internet connection firewall then clear it, OK out and reboot.

Can't guarantee it, but worth a try

jaybest
23-11-2002, 12:45 PM
I am a bit lost here, I am not sure of any issues with accessing hosting services from anywhere in NZ - The only issue I know about would be the Tauranga chassis was due an upgrade and may have had some busy signals (I seem to remember that it was about 10 % of all calls placed, which is pretty rare for us.. :) I know I know hes *bound* to say that)

But I wasn't aware of any problems with Tauranga once connected in fact it has been ages since any chassis were playing up.. Let me know if you are aware of anything like this in the future..

Kindest Regards

Jay Best
Orcon Internet - Service and Marketing Manager
(09) 444 4414