PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba lapttop

Will
13-11-2002, 06:42 PM
I have on loan a Toshiba laptop Satellite Pro 420CDT. My problem is that it has gone into hibernation mode and I cant seem to bring it out or restart it. When I press the button on the side it brings up a frozen picture of the screen saver but I can't get any further. I can't even find a way to reboot it either to start again except to maybe disconnect from the power and then remove the battery ..... is this method OK or is there a better way around this problem?

Babe Ruth
13-11-2002, 08:11 PM
Will,

On the left-hand side of the laptop just to the left and below the PCcard slots (near the cover for the serial and diskette drive ports) is the RESET switch. Press in with a fine pen (or paperclip or whatever) and hold for a second, the computer should then restart.

Babe.

Chilling_Silence
13-11-2002, 08:21 PM
You may want to disable Hibernation if its causing you trouble. It should be in Power Management in the Control Panel (You may need to be in "Classic" view).

Cheers

Will
13-11-2002, 08:30 PM
Yep found it .... i give it a try
thanx for your help

yeah
13-11-2002, 08:41 PM
Hi Will,
Toshiba laptops are very good actually but a lot depends on the Operating System and the hardware.

Your Laptop has probably got a "RAM LEAK" These days RAM is so cheap and the manufacturers mainly Taiwan, China, Malaysia mass produce RAM without any testing at all. Once you plug the pc into the socket it might already damage the RAM because of its poor quality. This also depends on the operating system. If you are running something "HEAVY" meaning anything based on NT Technology like Windows 2000, Windows XP Pro, Home Edition and sometimes even Linux and sometimes Windows ME. If you are running something lower than Win Me you shouldn't have any problems.

I'd recommend you get it checked at your vendors'. All they have to do is replace the RAM, 5 minute work and some RAM. In the worst case your Laptop's Motherboard might be damaged, in this case i would return the Laptop and get a new one.

Some laptops don't have a "reset button", another way to reboot your Laptop is: Press and Hold Down the "Shut Down" button for at least 15 seconds on your laptop. It should shut down. IMPORTANT after it is shut always wait at least 10 seconds before you turn it on again.

Cheers

Babe Ruth
13-11-2002, 08:52 PM
Yeah? ?:|

yeah
13-11-2002, 09:02 PM
LOL Exactly yeah.... as i posted above

Cheers

Will
14-11-2002, 09:41 AM
All up and running again so thanks everyone for your input