PDA

View Full Version : Wordpad missing from "Accessories"

J ZEP
08-11-2002, 07:01 PM
Hi all, I have a small problem with Wordpad, it used to reside in - Start - Programs - Accessories. A couple of days back i deceided to add it to my Quicklaunch which worked not a problem, then when i logged back onto the computer next time it was gone from the Quicklaunch bar, so i went to Programs - Accessories and it is no longer there either :O. I have noticed it has gone from Access. in the other admin user account too. I can still find it in the "Accessories" Folder at C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Accessories. So what i would like to do is put it back so it shows in the Start - Programs - Accessories ?:|. Any help would be greatly appreciated - obviously putting it in Quicklaunch is not possible as that is all i did to get this problem. Thanks in anticipation :-)

Hervard
08-11-2002, 07:10 PM
I'm not very familiar with WinNT, but what I would try to do is this:

Go to the folder C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Accessories, right-click on wordpad.exe, and click Create Shortcut. A new shortcut to wordpad.exe will appear in the same folder with it. Now try clicking and dragging on the shortcut, and hover over the Start button, and then weave your way to the directory where it used to be on the Start Menu, hover over its appropriate place, and let go. It should now be there. If that didn't work, you might try right-clicking on the Start button, choosing Open All Users (or something similar; again, I don't know NT), and navigate to Programs\Accessories, and place the shortcut there.

Hope this helps!

J ZEP
08-11-2002, 07:16 PM
OOPs - forgot to say i am using win xp, sorry Hervard ( i actually had that in my first post but the preview nulled it so i wrote it again and forgot to say i use xp).
I have tried a few things along those lines Hervard and i can actually add it to start menu by right clicking it but can't get it back in accessories, but i will try your suggestions again. Thanks

J ZEP
08-11-2002, 08:21 PM
Thanks Hervard - That did the trick, dragging it into accessories, then i just renamed it so it wasn't called "shortcut to wordpad" and its back to how it was :-) :-), great thanks a bunch - i still can't work out why adding it to the quick launch took it out of there in the first place as it should have just been another instance of it like with the other quicklaunchs i would have thought!!! Anyway thanks for your help ;-)