PDA

View Full Version : cd writers

jrust
07-11-2002, 07:56 PM
I've just purchased and installed a cd writer to my hard drive but I don't really know much about copying to a CD. I have a lot of songs on my computer that I want to copy to a CD but most of them are in MP3 format. Are there any programs that I can use that will automatically convert my MP3 files to WAV when I want to create an audio CD. Nero 5 came with the package and I have installed that but at a quick glance it seems that I have to convert all my MP3 files to WAV first and then copy them. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

SoniKalien
07-11-2002, 08:18 PM
RTFM

Nero will do it just fine.

SiK

Susan B
08-11-2002, 08:10 AM
Nero will do the job for you easily and wonderfully. :-)

Just run Nero's Wizard and choose the "Make a Music CD" (or whatever it says). All you then do is drag your music files from one window to the other until the bar down the bottom of the screen shows that the CD is full, then tell it to Burn. It will automatically convert your MP3 files to .wav files for you. Remember that .wav files are roughly 10 times larger than MP3 files so depending on how long the song is you'll get around 20 on a CD.

A tip: it appears that burning at a slow speed (eg 8x) ensures general compatibility with a large range of CD players. I burn at 8x and have found that all our players, old and new, play everything we throw in them. Also, don't forget to use CD-R disks and not CD-RWs.

Happy burning. :-)