PDA

View Full Version : MS Outlook Preview Pane problem

tonymck
07-11-2002, 10:52 AM
With a split preview pane in MS Outlook I can see the text of a highlighted email sitting "beneath the line". Now if there is an attachment on an incoming email a little box appears on the lower right side of the 'line'. By clicking this you can then proceed to open, or save to disk, the attachment/s. However, I have now 'lost' this mechanism that indicates an attachment/s. The only way to see if an email has an attachment is the little paper clip alongside the original header.

Does anyone know why this happens? It happened once before on an older PC, now it's just happened on a new PC with WinXP.
Regards
Tony.

falvrez
07-11-2002, 11:58 AM
HI Tony

If I read your problem right, all you need to do is double click the line that is between the preview and the inbox - then you will see the other options including the attachment.

CYaBro
07-11-2002, 12:11 PM
If I also understand you correctly, it sounds like you need to go to the view menu - Layout and select the box Show Preview Pane header.

CYaBro
07-11-2002, 12:12 PM
Oops!! ?:|

Maybe I should read more slowly. My response is for Outlook EXPRESS not Outlook.

Sorry!

Mike
07-11-2002, 07:05 PM
What version of Outlook? Have you recently applied a service pack?

For some reason Microsoft has deemed some attachments to be a security risk, and so don't allow access to them (hence you not being able to open or save the attachments) - if it's just happened, it may have been added to your Outlook by a recent service pack (either Windows service pack or office service pack).

It is possible to return access to these attachments through a reg-hack.

Mike.

falvrez
07-11-2002, 07:10 PM
HI Mike

I downloaded a 3rd party free patch for Outlook 2000 that let's you choose what security levels you want to apply to any type of extension - it is really handy and one program I can't do without.