PDA

View Full Version : help wanted with IE6

rugila
06-11-2002, 06:17 PM
I'm trying to use IE6 (version 6.0.2600.0000IS, the "about" also claims it is a customised version of Internet Explorer, I didn't customise it so what's this?) with Win98 1st edn. Goes OK except when I click on some links, e.g most of the ones provided in PressF1, whwn only a kind of ghost frame appears and it doesn't go any further. It won't doupdates from Microsoft either, these just "hang" withouit any error message.
All links work OK using Mozilla. All links work OK using this IE6 with WinXP which is also on my machine, but I don't always find it useful to use XP.
I suppose I could do a lot of trial and error work to try to track down the problem, buit any helpful suggestions would save a lot of time.
Thanks guys!

Gorela
06-11-2002, 06:35 PM
I don't usually use IE 6 either, but have noticed that it was rather slow in loading pages. A frustrating fix was to hit the Stop and then Reload. A good excuse to go back to the Linux box.

If you are running ZoneAlarm try running it with the privacy setting changed. This is usually what stops access to the update site.