PDA

View Full Version : Name Change in OE

Poppa John
06-11-2002, 03:25 AM
Am using XP & OE. I want to change the "Header" name in Outlook Express to include Maryann.From xxxx.xxxxxxx to xxxxxx&xxxx.xxxxxx (sort of) How do I do that Please. Can I change the name in the computer, as in "My Computer" & registered user ( or something like that) & have it show our joint name change ? Thankful Poppa John

Susan B
06-11-2002, 07:20 AM
Hi Poppa,

Are you talking about the "From:" field in your sent emails? If so, in Outlook Express go to Tools>Accounts>Mail and click on an account. Choose Properties>General and in the Name box type in your names how you want them. Click OK then Close to exit.

If you have any other accounts in there do the same to them as well if you wish. You don't have to change your name in the computer just for this.

Mike
06-11-2002, 07:22 AM
Hi PJ.

Are you meaning just the header on the email?

eg:

would become
If so then it shouldn't be too hard to do. Click on Tools > Accounts, click on the account you want to change, and click Properties. In the new window that comes up, find where it says Name:, with the name you want to change next to it, and click in the box with your name, and change it to what you now want it to read, and click OK, and then Close.

This should now make all the emails you send include Maryann in the name.

HTH

Mike.