PDA

View Full Version : New Epson Photo 1290

Swampy
03-11-2002, 03:27 PM
I have purchased a new Epson Stylus Photo 1290 printer. During the set up of the driver, a message flashed up saying " Not able to configure a fast port, but you are able to use your printer with out any problems" or words to that effect. I read the message but did not take particular note of the words.
I can not get the printer to print. When I send a print job to the printer, i get a message to check the cables are attached. I have done that several times. I un-installed the drivers and re-installed them. Again I got a message about the fast port but it was after the install had tried to configure a fast port and the message was the result. I have done a printer check to make sure the printer is not jammed or the ink cartridges are not properly set.

I use CAMEDIA to down load the photos from our digital camera. After trying to install the new printer , CAMEDIA says it can not see the camera. I suspect that the printer installation has created a conflict somewhere. i have check in Control panel/system and can not see any conflicts.

I use a PC
256 ram
1 gig chip
Win98E
Olympus CAMEDIA C860L Camera
Printer is connected via a parallel cable

If anyone can offer me some help I would be most grateful - not only can I not get my new printer to work but I can not download my camera either

godfather
03-11-2002, 03:36 PM
Perhaps it was expecting a USB connection, hence the warning re "fast port" not used.
What setting does it require for your parallel port, it may need ECP or EPP. You may need to check in the BIOS settings?

Does it work when connected to USB?
Its sounds as though it thinks it is USB?

vk_dre
03-11-2002, 05:07 PM
did u use the drivers that came along with the printer or did u download them, if u downloaded them, u have proabably acquired the drivers for the USB version of the printer. cos parrallel port printers are becoming more rare to find nowadays. go here (http://tech.epson.com.au/downloads/product.asp?id=stylusPhoto1290&platform=all&submit=Search+%3E%3E) for the complete driver list for ur printer and all OS. also ur printer is a Epson Stylus Photo 1290, right? because i can't find a Epson Photo 1290 on their database.