PDA

View Full Version : outlook 2002 - lost exporting of account info?

falvrez
01-11-2002, 08:03 PM
yo all

In OUtlook 2000 could easily go to tools-accounts and click on "export" and save the account info as an .iaf file. Brilliantly simple, especially with multiple accounts and so when moving to another machine (upgrade/whatever) and click and save and then import and away you go.
Then I upgraded to Office XP and Outlook 2002. No exporting and no importing of email account info...or am I missing something here?

Elephant
01-11-2002, 08:32 PM
I didn't use Outlook 2000.

What I do use is Office XP running under Win XP Pro.

Try this:-

Open Outlook. Click File, Import Export. Export, Export to a PST file.

Make sure you Export what you want. I get up to the top and export ALL folers and SubFolders. Later this will allow me to Import back into Outlook 2002.

You may also have an Archive.pst. Export this too if you want to keep everything.

falvrez
02-11-2002, 09:34 AM
HI Ele

I regularly use the import/export feature of pst files but they don't carry across account settings. Funny since you can import email account settings from Outlook Express but can't (it seems) export them from OUtlook 2002.

Graham Petrie
02-11-2002, 11:06 AM
For Outlook 2000 and XP you need to use the profile wizard AKA save y settings wizard. Search the ms knowledge base for details on how to set this up to JUST save accounts, but to save all settings you can use the defaults. To run goto Start->Programs->Office Tools->Save my settings wizard.

Or type "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\PROFLWIZ.EXE" /a in Start->Run

Sorry for the brief post, but I am in a hurry. I am also losing my internet connection today, so hopefully if you need more help someone else can help you.

G P