PDA

View Full Version : Win XP Pro Secure Logon

pepper
29-10-2002, 07:37 PM
I there any way to have CTRL-ALT-DEL to log on without a domain and with the welcome screen and have the menu as if i have secure logon but i have the other welcome screen one so i can lock my pc without changing it to secure logon?

Mike
29-10-2002, 07:50 PM
I'm not too sure if this is what you're wanting, but I think if you just give your accounts a password you should get what you want - you can switch out of the account (without closing anything) but to switch back in again you'll need to use the password.

You can't use the Ctrl-Alt-Del system and keep the welcome screen - it's one or the other.

Mike.

Babe Ruth
29-10-2002, 08:09 PM
Mike,
Sort of true. If you use the Welcome screen in WinXP and at that screen hit Ctrl-Alt-Del twice you will be presented with the 'old' logon screen with the Username / Password box. But essentially you are correct in that you can have the 'classic' logon or the WinXP Welcome screen logon for normal use.

Cheers, Babe.

Mike
29-10-2002, 08:19 PM
Babe,

The "Lock-Computer" option can not be used with the welcome screen - only with secure login activated - this is what I was trying to point out in my post.

Mike.

-=JM=-
29-10-2002, 08:23 PM
If you've got the default XP logon, you can use WINKEY+L to "lock" the computer.

pepper
30-10-2002, 05:14 PM
that just "Logged Off"

-=JM=-
30-10-2002, 05:57 PM
> that just "Logged Off"

Well it's the "switch user" short cut and everything stays running in the background.

Mike
30-10-2002, 07:03 PM
>>> Well it's the "switch user" short cut and everything stays running in the background.

And if you've set a password on the account, you'll need to enter the password to access the computer again - much like how locking the computer works.

Mike.