PDA

View Full Version : opera browser users help

merlin-nz
27-10-2002, 02:47 PM
Using opear 6.04 and when I used it this morning I had lost the new page tab that is (was) just below the opera ad at top of page.
Have tried a few things but don't seem to be able to get it back.
Any help please.

cheers merlin-nz ;-)

Clueless
27-10-2002, 03:36 PM
>new page tab

?:| ???????? ?:|

There is a "new page" button, although i don't know how you can lose it i assume that is what you mean(?) the options appear to be
view > mainbar > simple/full/off
I run "simple" and off has been greyed out, but that may be because i just upgraded to 6.05, as i seem to remember this being able to be switched off in some previous version.

By any chance are you running the paid version with no adds? the mainbar seems linked in with the add banner and may be removable if you are.

merlin-nz
27-10-2002, 05:13 PM
Hi Clueless,

No not a paid version an addy one.
Not 100% sure but in 6.04 there was a new page tabnear the top?:|
Was it under the ad at the top or under the PCWorld banner, not sure which, all I know was it was handy to have because all you had to do was click on a tab to open a new page or several pages at once, the pages were then easy to see as now they are on top of each other.

Tried to download 6.05 and it was going to take an hour for the lot, I only want to update not another full version.

cheers merlin-nz ;-)

tweak\'e
27-10-2002, 05:26 PM
do you meen the one next to print button?

>Tried to download 6.05 and it was going to take an hour for the lot, I only want to update not another full version

its only 3.5 meg, what speed connection do u have? i would suggest upgradeing first. note- move or delete old config as the config might have got corupt for some reason.

Danger
27-10-2002, 05:39 PM
Go to View/Page bar/Top.

tweak\'e
27-10-2002, 05:43 PM
>Go to View/Page bar/Top.

????? there is no "page bar".

also check in your buttons ini that you have a path for the new button and the pic is actually there. eg New = main_new.png

Rod ger
27-10-2002, 08:40 PM
Hi tweak'e

>Go to View/Page bar/Top.

works for me on 6.05. Clicking on Bottom causes the bar to disappear and clicking on Top makes it come back.

Incidentally Merlin, I would upgrade to 6.05 as they discovered some vulnerability in 6.04 and lower, leaving it open to attack.

Clueless
27-10-2002, 09:03 PM
>a tab to open a new page or several pages at once, the pages were then easy to see as now they are on top of each other.

O dear... it's all open to enterpretation isn't it...
I think i finally figues what you mean (i think)

If it is opening page in new windows, then it will be opening several windows that you can click on the widows task bar thingy to get that. If this is the case
preferances > windows > open windows inside opera
(this preference can be changed at start up.

If you are allready in this mode but cant see the tabs on the top/bottom of the page that allow you to pick which one you want to view

view > windows bar > choose: top/bottom/left/ right/ ANYTHING but off!

tweak\'e
27-10-2002, 09:19 PM
ooops....i see where that page bar is. with my setup i don't normally have that setting.

merlin-nz
27-10-2002, 11:13 PM
Thank you on and all.
Clueless you picked it,

If it is opening page in new windows, then it will be opening several windows that you can click on the widows task bar thingy to get that. If this is the case
preferances > windows > open windows inside opera
(this preference can be changed at start up.

Done that and it worked, I must have been playing with the wrong bits and ticked or unticked the wrong box, (Bugger):p :8}don't you hate it when that happens.

Anyway thanks for that.

cheers merlin-nz ;-)

Clueless
27-10-2002, 11:16 PM
This is easely changed by accident when if after a crash Opera restarts, It asks questions about how you want it to behave...

I have given it the same "wrong" answer.....

sam m
28-10-2002, 08:38 AM
Thanks merlin-nz for asking and thanks clueless for answer as I have been struggling with this myself. I changed to XP and downloaded the Opera 6.05 and thought that the page tab option was not available. Silly me should have just asked :8}.

sam m