PDA

View Full Version : Scanning 2 1/4 inch slides

Jack Wass
27-10-2002, 09:31 AM
Hi

Does anyone know of scanners / scanner adapters that are able to scan old two and a quarter inch slides?

Thanks

duckyduck
27-10-2002, 09:42 AM
You can of course scan 35mm slides but yours are bigger than that. I would suggest a couple of options....

a- call some the photo warehouse retailers, there is at least one in Christchurch, some in Wellington and Auckland but I would suspect you would be looking at some good money if they could source you something.

b- a better option would be to visit some of the professional photo labs (not your local one hour lab) that do work and digital scanning for us in the professional market. there are some very good ones out there in all 3 main centres and many of them will accept work from out of town by courier.

There would of course be a cost involved but I am sure they could scan something for you onto CD and / or scan and reproduce new slides or prints, it would all depend on what the end result was that you wanted.

Call around, if one cannot help you, before moving on ask if they can suggest someone that can help you. You will find most of them to be friendly and helpful.

mikebartnz
27-10-2002, 10:40 PM
My scanner has a template in which to place the slides. The trouble is even if you were to make a new template the light source behind is only for a 35ml. You could try a home made template with a light source of your own making.

andy
28-10-2002, 03:05 PM
my scanjet 5370c (HP) will scan up to 1/4 plate slides (5"x4"). I think the newer model is the same. Handles 2 1/4" no trouble.
Regards,
andy

chinadoll
28-10-2002, 04:03 PM
I am thinking to buy a scanner with adapter for slides or negative, which I want to scan and print out to postcard size or larger than that.
So, I wonder HP5370c or canon D1250u2f will be good enough to handle it or I should go for Hp5470c or Canon D2400uf.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you (_)(_)