PDA

View Full Version : MSN Explorer install problem

Lucy
26-10-2002, 01:49 PM
I downloaded MSN Explorer and it started to install then an error came up and 'black screen of death'!! So can someone please tell me how I get to install it or do I have to download it all over again? Plain English please. Thanks. :D

vk_dre
26-10-2002, 03:43 PM
> I downloaded MSN Explorer and it started to install
> then an error came up

Did u manage to catch the error message by any chance?
> and 'black screen of death'!!

i thought it was called a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death)

> So can someone please tell me how I get to install it
> or do I have to download it all over again?

if the message is a VxD, then it's caused by lack of ram memmory and ur computer was unstable. Did u try to execute the apllication again? If it doesn't work, then it means that the file u downloaded is corrupted somewhere in it. U might have to download it all over again.

cheers,
v.K-------------------- :D

Baldy
26-10-2002, 04:03 PM
I would try the download again....... I had trouble withan installation of MSN Explorer recently myself.

Good luck!

BALDY:-)

Lucy
26-10-2002, 07:06 PM
But somewhere in my Temp files it is already downloaded, so if I download it again, I'll have two of them???????????? Sorry, dumb person who doesn't know what's going on here! :_|

Baldy
27-10-2002, 10:20 AM
I thought the new one would overwrite the old one and repair itself.

Or you could always delete your temp files first

Lucy
27-10-2002, 07:16 PM
Thanks baldy!! :)

Jester
27-10-2002, 08:51 PM
Do you mean msn Explorer or Internet Explorer?

I thought msn Explorer was to be avoided like the plaque, as it basically locked you into using msn related mail services (Hotmail), messed up your pop3 ISP's mail, and tried to integrate everything you did into the "msn / .net passport way".

I know that the new msn8 is a "pay" browser, that is advertising supported, you will note the new windows messenger also spams you too (version 5) unless you opt out to pass on your browsing habits...

Good old msn

J.
:D