PDA

View Full Version : Shut down/pop up

Icom
26-10-2002, 09:00 AM
I run an AMD 1000, 20 gig HDD and 512 meg RAM.

My comp has a proggie called "Key Maestro". The proggie controls a row of keys on the top of the keyboard.

One of the keys is to shut down the computer, however when pressed a pop up comes on screen asking, "Do you want to shut off your computer?" ( Stupid question - of course I do - I pressed the damn key didn't I)

I would like to get rid of this waste of time pop up.

Any ideas how ?

duckyduck
26-10-2002, 09:18 AM
Annoying as the message is, it probably pops up in case you have accidentally pressed the wrong key and it just needs to confirm that your request is genuine and not a mistake as in when you upset when F1 fails to load.....................

Is there any program options that you could explore which might allow you to disable messages etc.?

Jen C
26-10-2002, 09:37 AM
I have KeyMastro - I had a poke around in the settings for an option to turn off the pop-up message and I couldn't see one.

I decided to push the Shut Down quick key, expecting to see a pop up messages, but I got the equivalant shut down to pulling the plug out of the wall :O. Suggest you be happy with your confirmation shut down message.

So, since I never got a confirmation pop-up, perhaps there is a setting enabled somewhere else in your windows?

Jen