PDA

View Full Version : OLD DATA

Katydid
26-10-2002, 07:25 AM
Goodmorning,

Some time ago we had to have a job done on the computer and it came back with a folder on the desktop "old data" is it ok to delete that. I did have a go lastnight and it said that it was too large for the recycle bin did I want it deleted anyway. Decided to leave until I check it out with "you who know". Getting rid of the folder wont affect the running of anything, will it???????????

Katydid ?:l

mark c
26-10-2002, 07:31 AM
Sounds like your "old data' is just that. Documents, graphics, whatever that you had on your comp. and the shop would have left it for to sort out what you wanted to keep and what to throw out.

Maybe open it have a look first.

Cheers

mark :D c

duckyduck
26-10-2002, 07:37 AM
Open the folder and have a look at the contents, it may be stuff that the store has backed up and saved for you or it may be in relation to the operating side of your computer or both.

One way would be to rename the folder, this way any program looking for something in that folder will not be able to find it and that would tell you that the folder was still in use. if after maybe a couple of months no program you use makes a fuss about not being able to locate this folder you could delete it then.

Or contact the people who worked on your computer and ask if they can recall what this folder is for.