PDA

View Full Version : Missing Dial Up

Trumps
24-10-2002, 08:50 PM
Hi There All

Just did a repair install of Win XP Home and the Dial Up networking has disappeared.
Went to create my connection through the wizard and the modem and the "Connect using a dial up modem" and "connect using a broadband connection ..." are greyed out.
Went Add Remove Windows components - can't see anything missing there, can anyone tell me what's happened here and secondly how do I fix it?

Regards
Mark

Rod ger
24-10-2002, 09:47 PM
Don't know anything about XP but I would uninstall DUN and then reinstall as a first step.

godfather
24-10-2002, 09:51 PM
Click on Networking,
select "view network connections"
select "create a new network connection"

The dialogue box will come up to step you through the creation of a dial-up network connection

You need to know login name, password, phone number of your ISP etc.

Elephant
24-10-2002, 09:55 PM
Check to make sure your Modem is installed correctly. I don't know if you use dialup or ADSL

Jim B
24-10-2002, 10:23 PM
Information from Microsoft Here ( http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q320558) about this problem.

I believe this does not always fix the problem and if this is the case you will need an expert in Win XP to resolve it. Normally if the MS info does not fix it the advise is to take the computer back to the supplier but some experts here may have more info.

Trumps
24-10-2002, 11:29 PM
Thanks Guys

I think JimB found the solution through the Microsoft KB - my symptoms exactly and it had several other notable links from that article.

Will give it a whirl.

Cheers All