22-10-2002, 08:15 AM
Loadgm has caused a unknown fault and will close

Mike
22-10-2002, 08:25 AM
Has it?

Mike.

Mike
22-10-2002, 08:26 AM
If you'd like a better response, I suggest you post more details. Like what were you doing when this occured, what OS you are using, some of your system specs, what browser, and any other related information.

Mike.

roofus
22-10-2002, 08:36 AM
It's loadqm
and its for msnmessenger and basically is just a statistic collector for Microsoft. Disable it under msconfig

Nelson
22-10-2002, 09:05 AM
OS win me
IE 6sp1
it comes up when i am on the net

duckyduck
22-10-2002, 01:13 PM
How about LoadQM?

It is not required so you can disable it.

Go > Start > Run > type in msconfig and press Enter, click on the Startup Tab and remove the tick from LoadQM > Click Apply and OK, reboot, upon rebooting you will get a small message that says something to the effect that you are using Selective Startup, tick if you don't want to see this message again, place a tick in the box and OK.

While you are in msconfig/startup you might as well remove the ticks from any other item and any unwanted spyware/adware that might be lurking in there from loading as well.

Use the following link to see what the item is and whether it is required as part of your startup.

http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages/startup_full.htm

Yopur computer will love you for it and if you untick any number, you will probably find startups are quicker as well,

Nelson
26-10-2002, 10:06 AM
Thankyou that fixed it.

mark c
26-10-2002, 10:36 AM
>> It's loadqm
>> and its for msnmessenger and basically is just a
>> statistic collector for Microsoft. Disable it under
>> msconfig

Hey thanks for that. Often wondered. Never found out. :D