PDA

View Full Version : Of Laser or Inkjet ink which is more waterproof

Heather J
18-10-2002, 08:30 AM
Hi
Yes I could do a highly scientific experiment of printing off a page of each and holding under water in the sink, but I am sure that you already know the answer and can tell me via this excellent forum and save me from drowning two innocent pieces of paper all in the name of science!
Thanks Heather

Babe Ruth
18-10-2002, 08:36 AM
Heather J,

Ok I'll start the ball rolling...

Laser inks (black and most color)

Cheers, Babe.

Mike
18-10-2002, 08:52 AM
Laser ink is more waterproof.

It's also much more scratchproof :)

Mike.

PS Colour Laser is by far the way to go :D

Crunn
18-10-2002, 12:07 PM
Lasrs won't "run" at all, mainly because their toner powder is fused to the paper as it goes through rollers. Melted onto the paper in other words. Inks, on the other hand, have the potential to run. A lot depends on the ink. Basically, they WILL run.

Crunn

Heather P
18-10-2002, 12:59 PM
Writing out instructions for deep sea divers on how to catch lobsters? The paper would possibly disintergrate at depth.

For a mail out to letterboxes where they could get damp - laser is the way to go.

Heather J
19-10-2002, 07:04 AM
Thanks so much for the help. No nothing so exciting as 'lobster gathering' she sighs, just need some temporary signs and in Southland's weather you can't guarantee that they will stay dry for the a couple of hours that they are needed.

Graham L
19-10-2002, 02:02 PM
Don't forget that you can get lamination done fairly cheaply ... or even use those page protectors made for ring binders.