PDA

View Full Version : Tidying up the FAQs

Susan B
17-10-2002, 03:12 PM
Just to warn you all, I'm in the process of tidying up my FAQs over the next few days.

The Grand Plan is to rewrite each FAQ incorporating the relevant contributions and then Bruce or robo will remove the excess ones. That way readers won't have to wade through a load of non-relevant discussion to get to the bits they need.

It would be very helpful if people could have a browse through what is there in the FAQs now and, if you have any, add your contributions before I edit and post the "final".

Thanks! :-)

robo
17-10-2002, 03:32 PM
This is a much better way of getting a prize than emailing me as if you had won one (not Susan, but guess who???).

Good on you SB. Your wings are being polished as I write this.
robo.

Kiwitas
17-10-2002, 03:38 PM
Hi Susan B,

Sounds like you will have your work cut out for a while
tidying your FAQ's!(or our's1!)

With all the problems users had with defragging,including myself,
may I suggest that users get the defrag app called "DISKEEPER LITE"
And all their problems could be over?

It seems it can be run at any time regardless of what is running and does it all in no time.

I have been using it for past 6 weeks with no hic-cups!

The lite Version is free but defag must be done Manually,whereas
with the paid ver, you can "set&forget"

Just a thought,Cheers,Kiwitas,;-)

Jen C
17-10-2002, 05:05 PM
You certainly like to keep yourself busy Susan! :D Well done for volunteering.

Are there more outstanding FAQ's?

I wouldn't mind seeing one for "How to extract files or DDL's off your Windows CD" or give advice on where to go looking on the web for them. There have been a few posts lately from people with corrupt files that need replacing.

Cheers
Jen

Terry Porritt
17-10-2002, 06:52 PM
That will be good Susan, some of them are a bit long to read through.

The one I did about shorcut arrows is now out of date, Parry found a much better solution and gave a link in his posting (http://pressf1.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=25105&message=85735&q=shortcut+arrows#85735) on 19 september.

Susan B
17-10-2002, 09:13 PM
Kiwitas: Thanks for that tip, I'll make sure that one gets mentioned.

Jen C: There are HEAPS of FAQs outstanding and there are a couple of people who have contacted me to say that they plan to contribute towards them when they get some time.

As far as your suggestion regarding "How to extract files or DDL's off your Windows CD" I'll see what I can do. It might be a wee way off though, so if anyone else wants to volunteer they are quite welcome to. ;-)

Terry: Thanks for that one, I've taken note of it and will see whether to change it or add Parry's solution to it.

Obviously these FAQs are going to need reviewing every now and then to cope with the constant changes, but that's technology for you.

Sam H
17-10-2002, 09:44 PM
> there are a couple of people who have contacted me to
> say that they plan to contribute towards them when
> they get some time.

I'm quite busy at the moment Susan but I do have one or two I'm looking at for when I get some spare time. Currently I am pulling an all-nighter to finish an assignment which is due tomorrow, that reminds me I must stop surfing PF1 and get back into it.

;)

-=JM=-
18-10-2002, 07:28 PM
So really it's just so that you get your name by most of the threads isn't it Susan :p

Susan B
18-10-2002, 07:33 PM
There's plenty left for you to have your name up in the pretty lites too JM.

And for anyone else who wants to share my throne. There's plenty of room. B-)

SoniKalien
18-10-2002, 10:39 PM
Didn't I accumulate enough brownie points????

-=JM=-
19-10-2002, 12:03 AM
> There's plenty left for you to have your name up in
> the pretty lites too JM.
>
> And for anyone else who wants to share my throne.
> There's plenty of room. B-)

I would but..... *looks at pile of paper which amounts to a "To do" list*

I won't do any yet. But knowing me, I'll end up doing one at 4:00am when I should be doing an assignment I haven't started that's due that afternoon :D

Susan B
19-10-2002, 08:37 AM
>>> Didn't I accumulate enough brownie points????

Is your name JM????

People with their hands full are excused. :-)

Sam H
19-10-2002, 08:52 AM
Why not create a user login such as ThePressF1 Team (or similar) and then re - post the FAQ's under that name. The in the FAQ Somewhere have Contributing Authors. :D Just an idea.

Sam H
19-10-2002, 08:54 AM
that should of read 'Then in the FAQ Somewhere have Contributing Authors. :D Just an idea.' why do I always seem to forget the 'n' at the end of the word 'Then' ???? ?:|

Susan B
19-10-2002, 09:20 AM
Brilliant idea Sam, I'd like that!! :D

Being a perfectionist I'd love to be let loose amongst the FAQs and make them all look so perfect, but I doubt Bruce would let me. :-(