PDA

View Full Version : stationery

qcgroup
17-10-2002, 10:22 AM
I use stationery in Outlook express to provide a letter-head on my outgoing e-mails.

However I cannot get any stationery to appear automatically when I go 'reply to'. As most of my mails are replies, I end up having to go through a lengthy process to get a letter head at the top.

Any suggestions?

Peter H

Susan B
17-10-2002, 12:09 PM
I've had a good look and I don't think you can have your stationery applied to replies and forwards.

The only workaround that I can suggest is to start a new mail (which can use your stationery automatically as default) and copy and paste the contents from the email that you wish to reply to into that new mail.

It's a hassle but probably the lesser of the two evils. Just a quick Ctrl+A to select, Ctrl+C to copy then Ctrl+V to paste.

Babe Ruth
17-10-2002, 12:30 PM
Hmm... you can certainly apply stationary to OE emails...

When you do a Reply or Forward in Outlook Express you can click on Format | Apply Stationary ... then select the stationary you wish.

Stationary files are just 'simple' HTML files you can also create yourself.

They usually reside in Program Files | Common Files | Microsoft Shared | Stationary

Cheers, Babe.

qcgroup
17-10-2002, 01:00 PM
OK Thanks for that, I thought it was the case - but I wanted to make sure.

Currently I use the insert text option & I guess I'll just carry on.

Peter H.

qcgroup
17-10-2002, 01:13 PM
I can't make that method work.

I created a letterhead in word, saved it as an HTML document into that folder.

When I click on format stationery, I can see the file but when I click on it nothing happens. Only the Microsoft stationery will apply.

The file looks exactly the same in the folder "My Stationery".HTML.

So I don't know what the answer is. This would be simpler that adding the letterhead through the insert text command.

Thanks
Peter H./

Susan B
17-10-2002, 01:36 PM
Aha, don't mess with Babe Ruth!! :D

His method worked a treat for me, but not "automatically". It's a bit hard to understand why you can't get your letterhead to work without actually seeing it. Webpages consist of the .html code plus additional image files (if there are graphics) and if the graphics files are not in the same folder as the .html then it won't work. However, you can use your letterhead stationery with ordinary emails.... hmmm.

When you click on Format>Select Stationery is there a tick in the option below that "Send pictures with message"? Because if it isn't ticked you will have to enable that in Options.

Let us know the answer to the above before we go any further. :-)

qcgroup
17-10-2002, 01:45 PM
Yup, its ticked OK.

Susan B
17-10-2002, 01:53 PM
Then it must be your .html file. Is it possible for you to create your letterhead stationery using the Stationery Wizard instead of Word? It is more likely to work if you can.

The graphic used for your logo should be a .jpg or preferably .gif image.