PDA

View Full Version : Canon BJC_210 Printer

Percy Porter
17-10-2002, 10:09 AM
I have just tried to print an XL Spread sheet e-mailed to me. The first of two pages printed OK however the second page printed out as pages and pages of garbage. I had to switch the printer of in order to stop it.

Any clues, Pc specs as previous post

PP

Miami Steve
17-10-2002, 10:28 AM
Percy,

This (in addition to your Nortons problem) make it sound like you have the BugBear virus, which shuts down applications and sends spurious data to peripherals (I think ?:|). You can find discussions on this elsewhere in this forum. I can't remember off the top of my head how to get rid of it, but if you search for BugBear, you should find something helpful.

Cheers
Miami

Percy Porter
17-10-2002, 11:57 AM
Thanks for that info, I have a feeling that you may be correct although my ISP (iGRIN) scans all incoming data and has already advised me that they have intercepted that and other viruses doing the rounds currently.

I am at the moment downloading the files you recomended -it is taking a while- and will see what happens. I am also having trouble hooking into messenger but can get access through other machines which adds weight to your suggestion

Regards
PP