PDA

View Full Version : Problems when printing photos.

Sanco
16-10-2002, 06:09 PM
When I try to print photos over 600 dpi my pc stalls and a times I have to restart the system all togheter. It is rather strange that something like this should happen since i believe my syatem resources are pretty good,
in fact my OS comprises an AMD Duron 850 Mhz processor, with 450Mb of RAM running on Windows ME. This system seems to be able to handle most resource-hungry games and apps......but not pics...sob.
Finally, the printer I am using is a Epson Stylus color 760 and the scanner is a Canon N670U.
Can you help with some ideas?

kiwibeat
16-10-2002, 07:03 PM
I have the same problem with my H/P laserjet 4 takes ages and my mouse is laggy asa well until printer is finished on 98 sec edition may be time to try Xp but it dont like multi boot on my raid 0 system

SoniKalien
16-10-2002, 08:53 PM
hi sorry typing with 1 hand - bub has the other

if your printer is USB then try using paralllel

also check the size of your pic cos printing a pic at 600dpi @ A4 size usually requires very high end system with loads of mem

Sanco
17-10-2002, 06:13 PM
Hi Soni, firstly thank you for your reply very much appreciated. About the printer, unfortunately (or fortunately) my printer is a parallel one, but most interesting is that I am trying to print 5x7's (10x15cm)!!!!!!!!!!
Anyhow I should be able, I think, to print scans as high as 1200dpi, don't you agree? Furthermore I do not believe it is a matter of OS since I have bought the printer and the scanner in the understanding that they would work at the stated specs with my system. I am starting to wonder whether there are settings to be meddled with within the printer's drivers. What are thoughts about that?

Graham L
17-10-2002, 06:25 PM
Pictures at 1200x1200 will use 4.34 MB per square inch ... 5"x7" is 35 sq in. Big file :D A4 makes a very big file. :D :D

600x600 is not as bad ... 1.08 MB per sq in. Graphics uses lots of memory.