PDA

View Full Version : OT A businessman's sad life ROFL

Mike
16-10-2002, 12:36 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2319863.stm]Go here[/url]

Mike. :D

SoniKalien
16-10-2002, 09:07 PM
Mike whaton earth do you type into search engine boxes?

second thoughts don't answer that

Mike
16-10-2002, 09:18 PM
>>> second thoughts don't answer that

Okay, I won't :D

Mike.

vk_dre
16-10-2002, 09:27 PM
Mike where do u come up with all these :p*spectacular*:p news items? U must search everday on the bbc website for amusing and interesting articles, right? :D :p

cheers,
v.K----------------- :D

Mike
16-10-2002, 09:37 PM
>>> U must search everday on the bbc website for amusing and interesting articles, right?

Uh yeah, that's it ;)

Mike.

Baldy
16-10-2002, 10:20 PM
LOL Mike,

First it was the sex camp. now the call girl daughter..... tune in next week for further enthralling episodes from Mikes Warped World!

;-);-);-);-);-);-)

Mandy Fisher
16-10-2002, 10:30 PM
What I would like to know is does Mike find time to fold the nappies, relieve the night shift? Or does he just play on his computer all nite???

Mike
16-10-2002, 10:38 PM
>>> What I would like to know is does Mike find time to
>>> fold the nappies, relieve the night shift? Or does he
>>> just play on his computer all nite???

Easy :)

Disposable nappies, and a baby that has slept through the night (8pm-7am) since she was 3 weeks old. So while Sarah (the wife) and Michal (the daughter) sleep, I'm down here saving the world :) (well for half the night... I need sleep too LOL)

:D

Mike.

-=JM=-
16-10-2002, 10:47 PM
What is it with people called Mike giving me weird links on the net.

Mandy Fisher
16-10-2002, 10:47 PM
Your lucky Mike, I have a 6yr old boy and it really wasn't that easy when he has younger. I had about 2years of sleepless nights and 5 years of exhaustion but now he is at school he is much easier although he is strongwilled and I constantly battle to be the boss!
It seems girls go with the flow abit more than boys. I thought I was doing the politically correct thing by washing cloth nappies right through - if only I could turn back time and make life easier for myself!! Keep up the good work mike

SoniKalien
17-10-2002, 08:09 AM
Heh JJ (now 3 days old) is quite happy napping on my arm as i type. he likes Vivaldi too. wife is upstaris sleeping and master 5 is off to skool soon.. makes it much easier when they start school but man, no way icould do this on my own even after 3days!

hope jj isnt monitor radiation sensitive. oh wellbetter to get em while theyre young :D

Mike
17-10-2002, 09:06 AM
How about this for an interesting story then? :D

Mike.

Clueless
17-10-2002, 09:53 AM
Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D Ha Ha :D

the other one was funny too!

Mike
17-10-2002, 10:05 AM
Perhaps I should make this a weekly post - "Mike's Off Topic Weird and Interesting News" :p

It seems nobody else out there in internet land really uses the net for what it's so good for - finding out weird and interesting stuff :D

Mike.

honeylaser
17-10-2002, 10:10 AM
Sounds like Daily Rotten fodder. that callgirl one is interesting, as up until now it has only been recognised as an urban legend. (see snopes.com)

I do recall a couple of weeks ago reading about a killer chicken named Rockadoodle 2 and his sister Hen who attacked a small child.

Funny old world this one.

Clueless
17-10-2002, 10:19 AM
>that callgirl one is interesting, as up until now it has only been recognised as an urban legend.

Trust me.. it happens.

It happened to someone i know.. It really messed her round too.
It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that it doesn't normally make the news. What does surprise me is that it hasn't been furthur sensationalised now that some one let the media know about a case.

>>Perhaps I should make this a weekly post - "Mike's Off Topic Weird and Interesting News

What a good idea Mike!

honeylaser
17-10-2002, 10:32 AM
> >that callgirl one is interesting, as up until now it
> has only been recognised as an urban legend.
>
> Trust me.. it happens.
>
> It happened to someone i know.. It really messed her
> round too.

See, I'm going to go all cynical simply because this is what makes an urban legend. The fact that it always happens to someone you know, or a FOAF, or whatever. I'm not trying to cast doubt in the direction of the person you know, but how are you absolutely certain that it happened?

http://www.snopes.com/college/sex/daughter.htm

The fact that so many people report this as being true has to be suss. You'd think the world was full of women who are hookers who's father's use hookers. MTCW.

Clueless
17-10-2002, 10:43 AM
>The fact that so many people report this as being true has to be suss. You'd think the world was full of women who are hookers who's father's use hookers. MTCW.

No not "full" it's just that the sex industry is alot bigger industry than people realise.

Obviously it wouldn't happen to me, i'm not a hooker or a client (plus i don't have a daughter) but i beleived the story, mainly because i saw her not long after while being spun out by the discovery that "daddy uses hookers", and she had no reason to lie, nor did she have a habit of telling stories.

BTW what does "MCTW" mean?

honeylaser
17-10-2002, 10:51 AM
> >The fact that so many people report this as being
> true has to be suss. You'd think the world was full
> of women who are hookers who's father's use hookers.
> MTCW.
>
> No not "full" it's just that the sex industry is
> alot bigger industry than people realise.
>
> Obviously it wouldn't happen to me, i'm not a hooker
> or a client (plus i don't have a daughter) but i
> beleived the story, mainly because i saw her not long
> after while being spun out by the discovery that
> "daddy uses hookers", and she had no reason to lie,
> nor did she have a habit of telling stories.
>
> BTW what does "MCTW" mean?

I'm very glad you aren;t offended by my point of view. I get kinda sick and tired of hearing "Oh, but it IS true! My mothers cousins boyfriends uncle woke up in a bathtub full of ice and his KIDNEYS were missing (http://www.snopes.com/horrors/robbery/kidney.htm)!"

You'd think if it were really happening that often, the media would be onto it (and not just the idiot journo's who got the email and warned their small town about it).

MTCW is My Two Cents Worth :) Which ain't much!

mark c
17-10-2002, 11:51 AM
Struth I can't see what the big deal about this is. I saw a made-for-TV film on the TV years ago and it was the same story. Hardly surprising.

Clueless
17-10-2002, 01:14 PM
>You'd think if it were really happening that often, the media would be onto it (and not just the idiot journo's who got the email and warned their small town about it).

No not really,
Could you really see Father or Daughter rushing of to tell the media about it? The only way that could happen is as above where "Father" tells jealous wife, who proceeds with controversial divorce case, or some such "indisputable" thing. I should imagine that when this does happen, most wouldn't be telling too many people about it.

Baldy
17-10-2002, 02:13 PM
People DO believe those urban myths........

There was a tale going round Dunedin a few years ago, whereby the Manager of Dunedins most popular burger bar was caught by a customer adding a certain "male" bodily fluid to the coleslaw. The tale spread throughout Dunedin in a matter of day's. Everyone knew about it. Turned out to be a prank was started by a certain well-known student rugby player.

Baldy
17-10-2002, 02:16 PM
> Heh JJ (now 3 days old) is quite happy napping on my
> arm as i type. he likes Vivaldi too. wife is upstaris
> sleeping and master 5 is off to skool soon.. makes it
> much easier when they start school but man, no way
> icould do this on my own even after 3days!

Can't be too bad if you're managing to post messages on PressF1 while looking after the baby and other kiddie!

SoniKalien
18-10-2002, 11:50 AM
heh, ain't it fun tho! :p

SiK