PDA

View Full Version : Mailwasher 2.0

Babe Ruth
15-10-2002, 10:59 AM
Hi all,

Mailwasher version 2.0 is available for those who want/use it. Mailwasher_v2 (http://www.mailwasher.net/download.php)

Cheers, Babe.

Baldy
15-10-2002, 11:02 AM
Cool!

Wonder if emails go Boing Boing Boing in the same as they do in the old one

BALDY:-)

Pauline
15-10-2002, 09:29 PM
Hi,
I have installed the New Mailwasher. It can check your hotmail too. I have never had to do any bouncing yet so am not sure about that side of things yet. What happens when I connect is the 'connect box' fills the whole screen. That didn't happen with the old mailwasher. I've just got to add some new people to the friends list now that it checks hotmail.
Pauline.

Danger
16-10-2002, 12:33 PM
I downloaded the update 1.33 and the connect box does the same. The bummer is that also my hidden taskbar does not appear over top so that I can change my firewall settings to let mailwasher connect, so I have to close the box or change settings before starting mailwasher. Not a big problem, just a little inconvienient.

crozier
17-10-2002, 01:53 PM
I upgraded to v2 yesterday morning. No problems, and I've bounced heaps from my Hotmail accounts! I'm hoping that Hotmail will become usable again!

FrankS
17-10-2002, 03:12 PM
To get round the connect filling the whole screen I have a shortcut for Xtra on the Desktop, use this to connect, you could then do your own thing followed by 2cl the Mailwasher shortcut for the usual routine. Puzzled why you have to alter the firewall settings, Zonealarm allows you to give Mailwasher Internet access

NathanTheKind
17-10-2002, 03:48 PM
I downloaded v2.0 and the first time I used it the connect box filled the whole screen but it hasn't done that again. It might fix itself. I am using WinXP what are you using it might just be an OS prob??

:)

Babe Ruth
17-10-2002, 05:26 PM
Hi all,

Note also that v2.0 of MailWasher still crashes occasionally (as did v1.32 & 1.33) under Windows Xp as you can see from the following email response from the MailWasher support. Personally I am having very good support of their product with excellent response

Hi "Babe"
Yes we are still having XP problems, sorry about that.
Thanks for the logs. I will be passing the information on to our developers

Regards
Hamish
MailWasher Support
www.mailwasher.net

Cheers, Babe.

Danger
17-10-2002, 06:24 PM
Puzzled why you have to alter the firewall settings, Zonealarm allows you to give Mailwasher Internet access

Frank, the only reason I have to alter my firewall settings is because I have it configured to "Block All" when off line. When I connect, I usually use Mailwasher as thats the first program I am interested in, to see if I have mail or not. Its not a big deal, I have changed the size of the Mailwasher window so that I can access my toolbar and change the firewall settings to "Normal" while Mailwasher and the modem are dialing.

Pauline
17-10-2002, 09:14 PM
Hi NTK,
I have ME & the connect box still fills the screen using the new Mailwasher, it will go down to normal size after I click connect. Still have not done any bouncing yet.
Pauline. :)

crozier
17-10-2002, 09:28 PM
I'm using XP Pro - still no problems and less spam!