PDA

View Full Version : EA's 'Buy One Get On Free'

SpiderVenom
15-10-2002, 07:50 AM
Due to the commerce commission's recent investigation of EA's 'Buy One Get On Free' offer, I received five dollars for a game I purchased. However, I actually bought two games by this offer. How can I contact EA NZ to get in touch with them?

Biggles
15-10-2002, 09:30 AM
I find www.yellowpages.co.nz (http://www.yellowpages.co.nz) quite useful for this kind of thing :-) :

Electronic Arts New Zealand
35 A Jervois Rd Ponsonby Auckland
0-9-360 3320

Graham L
15-10-2002, 05:50 PM
Go on ... You accepted the "misleading" terms ... and got a free game for $5 which they described as handling and postage. I would say that it did cost them that for each game they sent out. They have sent you a cheque for $5, and you want to sting them for another cheque. You are a meanie ;-)

I suppose they should have sent a password to allow you to download
a "free" game.

But the leaflet they include with the letter and cheque describes the terms of the 2 for 1 offers they have now very carefully.

Baldy
15-10-2002, 06:08 PM
I agree with Graham

$5 wouldn't even cover the cost of postage & packing

vk_dre
15-10-2002, 07:12 PM
where did u buy the games from? Didn't the buy one, get one free offers finish a while ago, all there is now is the $5 rebate offer when u purchase an EA game.

cheers,
v.K----------------- :D

Graham L
15-10-2002, 07:27 PM
This was nearly a year ago. 2 people complained to the Commerce Commission, who decided it was "misleading" to say the extra game was "free" when there was a $5 charge for handling/postage. So EA printed a letter with a cheque and sent one to everyone who took the offer up. Must have cost them a LOT.

vk_dre
15-10-2002, 07:31 PM
ohh. i see.

cheers,
v.K----------------- :D