PDA

View Full Version : Qbasic program giving inconsistant results

peterbakker
15-10-2002, 06:59 AM
After replacing the mother board (MS6378)
and RAM 128mb sd 133mhz, and CPU 900mhz AMD Duron.

There is a jumper on the motherboard which changes the bus speed I think, but not sure about that, I left it on 100mhz even though the RAM is 133mhz. The CPU runs at the correct speed 900mhz.

Did not reload operating system Win98se

My user is running Qbasic programs off floppy disk, inside the qbasic program pressing f5 to run
the program.

He has written a cash book program which has been running properly for 14 years, from time to time he modifys the program last time a year ago.

The quicken basic program is in a folder and runs quite happily if you copy the folder and run it on another machine. No entries in the Autoexec.bat.

I have tested a small amount of data and got the correct results, maybe if a lot of data gets entered the computer runs out of memory.

Well I am wondering if some one can help us

Regards Peter

mashimaro
15-10-2002, 10:09 AM
The setting at 100Mhz is correct. Have you tried the Qbasic prog in another PC entering exactly the same amount of data?

Graham L
15-10-2002, 06:48 PM
Inconsistent, in what way? Are there arithmetic errors, database corruption, ...?

Is it the "old" (8086/80286/80386) QBASIC, or a more modern version compiled for use on the Pentium series. Is there a "more modern" version?