PDA

View Full Version : Device Driver Update

Danger
12-10-2002, 12:46 PM
The following update is on the Microsoft update site for my PC.
I have updated this about six times and still it comes up! The last time was last night. Is it not installing properly?

DEVICE DRIVERS
Windows Update has detected that you have the following hardware devices installed on or attached to your computer. Windows Update has an updated version of the device driver software that enables you to use this hardware with Microsoft Windows.

VIA Technologies Inc. - Audio
44 KB/ Download Time: < 1 min
VIA AC97 Audio Controller (VT82C686A) - V. 5.12.01.3200

madmusician66
12-10-2002, 01:07 PM
Hey

Have you tried using the manufacturers reccomended driver from: Via Technologies (http://www.viatech.com/en/index/index.jsp)

Instead of using the Windows Driver for it, also Does the device run with the current version of the drivers it has now?? because if it does then I wouldn't worry too much about updating it unless you have a problem

Also, (you never specified which version of Windows that you use) but go into the control panel > system properties > Sound, Video and Games Controllers(Win 95/98/Me - not sure about others) and click your device

Then open the Properties Box and click on the Driver tab. That should show you what version of the driver your using at the moment

Hope this helps

Matt

Danger
12-10-2002, 02:57 PM
Thanks MM66, it apears I am using the same driver as the update, and have done so for a long time. Strange that the update site prompts me to download it all the time.