PDA

View Full Version : Network Testing

CYaBro
11-10-2002, 11:19 AM
Hi

Does anybody of any free network testing software?

I have a PC that is getting fatal errors randomly and after testing all hardware (except network card) overnight it hasn't done it.

So I would like to get some software that will test the network card by sending and receiving data and then checking it for errors.

Cheers

tweak\'e
11-10-2002, 11:45 AM
try the network cards own dianostic tools to start with(they usually come with the drivers)

Mike
11-10-2002, 12:01 PM
Fatal errors often mean wrongly installed software rather than hardware problems. You probably don't have anything wrong with your hardware.

Mike.

mashimaro
11-10-2002, 12:06 PM
If you don't any s/w to test the NIC why not just take the NIC out and run the PC and see if it crashes :)

CYaBro
11-10-2002, 12:11 PM
The PC belongs to a business that has special software they run that lives on the server so without the network card the PC is pretty much usless to them.

I've had the PC away from their business and have not had the fatal errors come up so that's why I think it's got something to do with the netwok card.

I normally would just replace the network card but I don't have any at the moment! :(

CYaBro
11-10-2002, 12:13 PM
Just doing what tweak'e suggested at the moment. I found the driver disk :) (amazingly!) and am running the diagnostics.

CYaBro
11-10-2002, 01:38 PM
Thanks tweak'e. Tried the diagnostics on the driver disk and it ran through some tests and the fatal error appeared!! :-)

Will have to get the card replaced under warranty.

Cheers
Cya