PDA

View Full Version : email from the web

tuismith
10-10-2002, 06:51 PM
I have WinXP outlook express on my pc but downloaded office 97 and uninstall it again.Now i can't import any thing from a web page without saving it first and can't make outlook express my default it won't except it.Can some one give me a few pointers first timer on this stuff.

Jen C
10-10-2002, 08:44 PM
Hi and welcome to PressF1

Can I clarify a few points first?

1. You had Outlook express 6.0 that came with XP
2. You installed Office 97 which came with Outlook (full version)
3. You have now uninstalled Outlook (and Office 97) but can't use Outlook express 6.0 anymore.
4. What are you trying to import from the web? Do you mean download things?

Is this correct?

Jen

Jen C
10-10-2002, 09:23 PM
Oh, and one more thing ....

You said that Outlook express would not accept being the default email program. Did you go to Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Program tab and select Outlook express under email?

tuismith
11-10-2002, 02:35 AM
i was trying to email a pic from the net page to my mum am it won't go

tuismith
11-10-2002, 04:32 AM
I got the new pc wlth xp and it was working ok importing pic and tex then when I put office97 on and it stuffed up so I uninstalled it and it still will not copy any thing 0ff the web page to send to a email address and I can not get outlook to be the default under optioins going nuttttttt.

tuismith
11-10-2002, 05:30 PM
tried what you said under internet options.it will not let me put anything in the email box it is blank and the office 97 was put on after I had xp set up and working ok

Graham L
11-10-2002, 06:07 PM
If you installed a "full" version, it has probably effectively killed the original one. Go to Add Remove programs | Windows setup , and you will find a section (probably Communications?) which will let you reinstall Outlook.

Graham L
11-10-2002, 06:08 PM
If you installed a "full" version, it has probably effectively killed the original one. Go to Add Remove programs | Windows setup , and you will find a section (probably Communications?) which will let you reinstall Outlook.