PDA

View Full Version : Live updates for anti virus - tooooo long

Jock
10-10-2002, 06:37 PM
I've experienced this problem with 3 computers so lately.

While visiting either trend-pc or nav websites, automatically virus updates are activated. This is fine as these computers have never updated their virus protection software.

But , the updates never complete. The updates freeze after 95 updates have been downloaded. 3 Different computers. 2 Norton....1 trend-pc.
Coincidence or just internet connection problems.

Any ideas anyone??

NathanTheKind
10-10-2002, 07:02 PM
when the progs are updating, keep an eye on the two computers that tell you you are connected. if they stop being green or blue for a long period of time, then the download is probably timing out.

try doing other things online if you arn't, or stop doing things online if you are.

The prob you are explaining sounds more like internet probs rather than prog probs

:)

robinj
10-10-2002, 08:03 PM
its not just you , i have the same problems with housecall stops at 95 i just keep trying and it comes right. good luck

wotz
10-10-2002, 08:20 PM
I've been having trouble with pc-cillin lately. It keeps having internal update errors either on the dowload or install routine. I have updated it manually the last two times.

falvrez
10-10-2002, 08:59 PM
I constantly have this problem with NAV on a network. Even with Jetstream (which takes 5 seconds to download an 8meg update - sorry) i still need to do the update 2 or 3 times to get all the updates through...
Worse on dial up of course. Best to go off and get a coffee or 3 while you wait, and reboot and update, and reboot and update...

bk T
10-10-2002, 09:16 PM
I got no problem in updating my NAV. It's a breeze, always.

bk