PDA

View Full Version : Nortons Systemworks

Happy Harry
09-10-2002, 03:43 PM
Hi all

I am running XPPro and Nortons Sytem works V5 . After a recent failed SP1 for XPP install, I had to reinstall System works.
Before the crash I was able to restore deleted files on A: C: and D: drives, but now do not have access to A: drive
i.e . Open Systemworks, select Nortons Utilities (6.03.36) , select Find & Fix Problem,select Unerase Wizard select Find any recoverable files, *.* for file names & then select the drive to search. The A: drive does not show here any more.
All that is available is Desktop, My Computer, Shared Docs folder, C: & D:
Do any of you clever and erudite people out there have any ideas to resolve this for me.

Cheers
Happy H

roofus
09-10-2002, 06:18 PM
Is your A: avaliable in windows itself?

Happy Harry
10-10-2002, 01:03 PM
Yes, indeed it is
I'm wondering if it is something to do with the XP user profiles but this does not seem to be the case as I can log on with administrator, user or guest rights and it seems to make know difference.
Maybe I need to talk to Symantec

roofus
10-10-2002, 02:29 PM
Either that, or check out their Knowledge Database on their website

PeebZ
10-10-2002, 03:11 PM
HI Happy Harry,

just droping you a note,

I am running Win Xp PRO with SP 1. I have the same version of Norton Utilities. There are no devices with removable storage to select from. ie A: etc in unerase wizard.

So saying this I do not believe this to be related to the failed SP 1 install or users profiles as i am currently logged in as Admin.

Will look into later on tonight.

Jess