PDA

View Full Version : Old Computer Magazines

honeylaser
07-10-2002, 04:49 PM
Does anyone have any old computer magazines floating around that I can buy or have? I'm looking for pre-1995 mags and periodicals to scan and have available archived on a website for all who are interested.

The earliest mag I have is PC Magazine (issue 1) December 1995 (introducing Windows 95!), and I'm hoping to get some mid 80's to 90's or earlier stuff.

If anyone has any.. or you know of anyone who does, or a shop in the Auckland region who has these available, please let me know. Its about time I got a hobby.

Email trader_munky at hotmail (aha - the spammers will never figure that one out!) and I will be eternally grateful!

p.s, yes, that is my ad up on TradeMe for the mags.. its not a freaky coincidence!

robo
07-10-2002, 07:28 PM
Hi
You could ask at PCWorld Subs department (contacts on here somewhere). I do have the first 15 or so issues from PCW from Dec/Jan 1989, but I would want them back so it might not be practical.

robo.

honeylaser
08-10-2002, 09:09 AM
Cheers.. I might just do that.

loser
08-10-2002, 09:29 PM
i have a HEAP of old mags at home, but i'm not gonna pay to post them to ya, coz they are heavy as. You are welcome to have them other than that though.
unless you can give me something for them, then I'd post them to ya. Like an old hard drive (400mg) or some old 486 ram or something?
Or if you know anyone in Palmerston North (students) who can bring them back... actually I know a couple who might help...
let me know....

honeylaser
09-10-2002, 12:02 PM
What years are they? If they're around the period I'm looking for then I can give you some $$ for them and see if my mate Brig can pick them up and bring them up here on her next trip...?

loser
09-10-2002, 04:52 PM
I just realised that i don't even have them here in PN (duh) they're at home in Hawera. ermmm years.... I'd say close to 93-94ish. I couldn't be sure.
I'm guessing. I can find out and email you when I know for sure.
I might be able to get them brought down to PN, but I'm not sure now, my bro MIGHT come down sometime before the end of semester...

honeylaser
11-10-2002, 12:04 PM
if its a hassle, don't worry about it.. I've noticed a bunch of ads in T & E, so i might chase those ones up :)