PDA

View Full Version : OFF TOPIC: Where in Auckland could I possibly buy FF7?

Jase1
05-10-2002, 11:49 PM
Hi

I know this is off topic but please, could any one tell me where in Auckland could I buy this game called "Final Fantasy 7". I just love this game, I want to buy it for my PC, problem is the game is quite old. So if any one know there might be a shop that sells this game, please tell me :) .

Thanks alot :)

Jase Sen

AZREAL
06-10-2002, 12:22 AM
I know this may sound a bit tacky... but u could always try the Warehouse. They sell some really classic games.

csinclair83
06-10-2002, 12:33 AM
u could always advertise on trademe.co.nz for anyone to see..and u mite get offered one for a price..
or look for a shop that sells 2nd hand games or classics, as in palmerston north theres a shop that sells 2nd hand, or outdated comptuer games...i went in the other day and they had a olympic pc game for the 96 olympics and need for speed 1....which i didnt think they would have them..
so u mite see some of those shops in auckland...if u cna see them in palmy...then auckland should have them..

Jase1
06-10-2002, 09:45 AM
Thanks alot guys :)

Any more suggestion would still help :)

Thanks

Jase Sen

Susan B
06-10-2002, 09:25 PM
Firstly, this is NOT an off topic. It's computer related and you need help. :-)

Secondly, down here we have a highly successful weekly newspaper called the Buy, Sell and Exchange where advertisers can place free adverts. Does Auckland not have one like this?

Thirdly, try advertising on a games forum. I don't know of any NZ sites but a search in Google might come up with something.

csinclair83
06-10-2002, 09:28 PM
1: the buy sell exchange is a national newspaper i think coz i get it sometimes but i never get anything out of it hehe

2: i asked a friend today about old games and getting them, he said that u could be able to contact a shop that "sells" the games and maybe they have the game in "storage" or would be able to order it for you at a price?...

Laurie
06-10-2002, 09:32 PM
Go to Internet Site below
Free Old Games Search Engine - Abandonware
It is amazing what they have on there, some really old classics,
Worth a try.

Jase1
07-10-2002, 06:42 PM
Thanks every one thank you so much for your help :) . By the way does anyone here know the "Central Gaming" shop site?

Thanks every one :)

Jase Sen

vk_dre
07-10-2002, 07:35 PM
why don't u try Electronics Boutique, they have a stock of old pc games in there shops, but u'll have to be persistent though.Or, u could be sneaky and borrow the playstation version and emulate it on pc, i dunno if that's legal.

cheers,
v.K-------------- :D

Jase1
08-10-2002, 10:01 PM
...Electronics Boutique...do they have a web site or where about is it? Cause I live in Auckland. Just wondering how do you emulate PS games onto PC? is it hard? If it's not too hard then I'll just buy FF7 on PS and emulate it :)

Thanks alot :)

Jase Sen

Biggles
09-10-2002, 08:49 AM
Electronics Boutique have a store on level 2 of the DownTown Shopping Centre in the central city. Not a huge store but as good range.

Also suggest you try Gameplanet, which have big new premises in Dominion Rd, just up (city direction) from the Dominion/Rd Valley Rd intersection.

Gameplanet.co.nz also has a buy sell swap forum. Would give you the address but our outside bet access is screwed this morning and can't get any external web sites.

Don't you love technology?

Jase1
09-10-2002, 06:18 PM
Thanks alot Bruce :) , by the way what vk_dre said about, emulate PS games onto PC, is it legal?

Thanks again everyone :)

Jase Sen

vk_dre
09-10-2002, 06:25 PM
i don't think it is legal because Sony don't encourage it or something like that,, u would need a Playstation One emulator to play the game via computer. Try ePSXe (http://www.epsxe.com/news.php) for a really good and safe playstation one emulator.

cheers,
v.K----------------- :D

vk_dre
09-10-2002, 06:30 PM
EB also have a store in St. Lukes Shopping centre.

v.K----------------- :D

Jase1
09-10-2002, 08:48 PM
Thanks alot vk_dre :)

Jase Sen