PDA

View Full Version : Video Capture problems

myko
04-10-2002, 01:14 PM
Ive just tryed reinstalling my video capture card, and among other software problems, while the PCI card is installed onto the motherboard the screen doesnt work. This is quite a major problem to me, as i like to see what im doing with while capturing video. Any advice would be really helpful, thanks, Mike

Mike
05-10-2002, 11:08 AM
hi Mike,

What OS are you using?
What model video capture card, and what video display card have you got installed?

Are the other software problems since you've installed the capture card, or were they there already? These might be a part of the cause.

Mike.

myko
05-10-2002, 12:19 PM
Hi Mike
Im running winXP, Riva tnt2 video card and a Studio DC10+/Pinnacle Systems, capture card. The software problems may have been the cause but they were definatly there before i tried reinserting the card.
Thanks for your time.
Mike.

tweak\'e
05-10-2002, 12:50 PM
how do you mean "screen dosn't work". can you see windows, startup screen or is it only when you go to use the capture card and you only see the first frame of the video.

myko
05-10-2002, 01:18 PM
What i mean when i say the screen doesnt work, is well it doesnt work, nothing shows up on the monitor at all, no boot screen or BIOS or anything.
I insert the card, and then startup my computer, but i cant see anything, not a thing. The little light at the bottem flashes at me though, its like the card is shorting the monitor out. Any ideas?
Thanks, Mike

godfather
05-10-2002, 01:23 PM
What little light, on the bottom of what?

Are you saying that the computer does not boot up with the card in.?

What "beeps" does the computer make when you start it with the capture card in? (exactly how many (if any) and are they long and short beeps etc.
This is very important as it can help determine whats wrong.

myko
05-10-2002, 04:01 PM
The little light is on the bottem of the monitor, its on when the screen is turned on but it only flashes with the card in, there are no beeps. So in short i cant hear or see anything. I dont know how far it gets with booting as I cant see if or where it hangs. So basically im not even sure if the computer boots or not, as there is no beep i presume it doesnt boot.
Thanks for your help.
Mike

Peter
06-10-2002, 04:32 PM
Hi

I suggest you remove the Card from the PC, then restart your machine.

See what happens then...

Peter E.

tweak\'e
06-10-2002, 04:35 PM
what pci slot is the card in?

myko
07-10-2002, 08:40 PM
yea ive taken it out, otherwise i wouldnt be able to do stuff on it, umm. . its in slot 4. The same thing happens when i restart with it in, so i have taken it out, and everything is fine with it out.
Thanks

tweak\'e
07-10-2002, 09:08 PM
try it in the first pci slot. check in bios for a "reset hardware optoin" this will force it to redo the irq's (may require installing drivers again)