PDA

View Full Version : me non boot

inspector
04-10-2002, 09:33 AM
i run me but find it will not always boot it gets to the system tray then hangs reboot and scan it may boot reboot cancel scan it may boot reboot and it boots booting up often boots up ok but then no boot any suggestions is it mother board or set up or software your help please
mike

Mike
04-10-2002, 09:51 AM
I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you just said here... all I can say is

huh?

Mike. ?:|

Susan B
04-10-2002, 10:26 AM
Try posting again, this time using correct punctuation (ie fullstops, capital letters for beginning of sentences, etc).

Then someone might understand what you are saying and be able to assist.

Biggles
04-10-2002, 11:09 AM
I'd say that something loading into systray is causing it to hang periodically.

godfather
04-10-2002, 12:02 PM
I will try interpreting this terrible piece of prose.

> i run me but find it will not always boot it gets to
> the system tray then hangs reboot and scan it may
> boot reboot cancel scan it may boot reboot and it
> boots booting up often boots up ok but then no boot
> any suggestions is it mother board or set up or
> software your help please
> mike

I run Windows ME. I find it will not always boot, it gets as far as the system tray, then hangs.

If I reboot and scan, it may boot OK. It also may reboot if I cancel the scan. Usually re-booting works, and if I reboot it often it seems to be OK.

Is it Motherboard, Setup or Software?

Answer:

As windows begins to boot, press F8 repeatedly until you get an option screen, select Step by Step.

Windows will ask you for permission to run each driver as it boots.

Say Y to each, and see which one it fails to complete on, and hangs.

Post back with your results, in english preferably

Susan B
04-10-2002, 12:07 PM
The crystal ball is working really well for a Friday, godfather. :D

Neil McC
04-10-2002, 02:04 PM
Thanks for interpretation,godfather.Mine has been doing that ocassionally too,just haven't got round to asking about it!First thing on the bottom right of screen (yes, I should know what that is called by now!) to load each time is the joystick symbol.I assume therefore that it would be the first thing to load? Or am I wrong again!But will try what you've posted next time.Trouble is it doesn't always happen.Thanks.

inspector
06-10-2002, 11:01 AM
Thank you Godfather sorry about the prose but it was difficult to explain .There did not seem to be any reason for non boot it just pleased itself to hang or boot .
I will try your suggestion thanks again
regards mike