PDA

View Full Version : mic wont work unless i test hardware

phillip pond
03-10-2002, 11:42 AM
how come my mic doesnt work when using msn messenger unless i go to "control panel/ sounds and multimedia/ voice tab then voice test" to test hard ware then my mic starts to work

and how can i fix this without going to voice test every time i want to use my mic??
(everytime i restart i have to go to voice test to for my mic to work). ive got a sis audio driver and sis 900 pci fast ethernet adapter driver
and thats all i know about my hard ware
pleasse help meeeeeee

phillip pond
03-10-2002, 12:52 PM

godfather
03-10-2002, 02:46 PM
Double click the vol control icon and ensure that under properties - record - the critical settings are selected - no idea what they will be for what you are doing, but its *possible* that test temporarily enables them.

And no need to bump threads. If anyone knows they will advise, but as nobody could guess what hardware, version of windows - even if it is windows....its pushing it to know.

Susan B
03-10-2002, 08:54 PM
We have to do that test everytime too. :-(

<grumble>
What I want to know is how come, before we got a mic, that everyone wanted to chat with us then when we finally bowed to pressure no one can be bothered any more.

Waste of blimmin money.
</grumble>

godfather
03-10-2002, 09:58 PM
Bleedin obvious.
Once they actually heard you that was enough.

Set yourself up for that one Susan...

Susan B
03-10-2002, 10:18 PM
>>>Set yourself up for that one Susan...

I suppose I did.

Should have said "them" or specifically "her" instead of "we" because it's her microphone but my PC.

I've never actually used the mic myself, it's of no benefit to me.

phillip pond
10-10-2002, 05:01 PM
> Double click the vol control icon and ensure that
> under properties - record - the critical settings are
> selected -
what are the critical settings