PDA

View Full Version : WinFax Basic Edition

Kahawai_Chaser
30-09-2002, 04:33 PM
Hi...

I wish to fax info perodically to a relative down south at his home, who has a fax but no PC, but...

When I click Winfax Basic Edition on my WinSE from the Start Menu, to click the Messenger Manager (presumably to configure or customise the program) a illegal operation pops up after opening (or rather displaying) the interface >>

"FAXMNG32 caused an invalid page fault in
module MFC42.DLL at 016f:6c375042"...

Also when clicking on Program setup, the buttons are dimmed and hence disabled.

I have hunted Google, which have similar error help files (for other devices and for FAXNG32-WinXP), but not pertaining specifically to the above, even from the Maker's...Symantec. I presume this program was installed with Win's but probably buried deep in a Win Cabinet file...hence tricky to find and re-install. Meanwhile using the more basic Windons Inbox messenger...

Hence Help appreciated to boot the program up...

Peter Coleman
30-09-2002, 11:12 PM
Not sure but I think that Winfax basic usually come with Norton System Works,as part of the bundled suite.If you have systemworks,try reinstalling that,you should be able to reinstall just winfax,and see how that goes.If that fails ,uninstall the whole thing and then reinstall the whole thing again.

Peter