PDA

View Full Version : Problematic Mouse

Pete O\'Neil
24-09-2002, 10:08 AM
hey

my old three button mouse finally took its last breath, so after hearing good things about opticals i rushed down to DSE. i've brought the Microsoft IntelliMouse explorer 3.0 the mouse is brilliant but when play UT and UT2003 the character in the game starts goin forward without the forward key bein pressed. this didn't happen before. the mouse is being used as USB, but do have the PS2 connector.

Could it be a problem with the drivers? i use win98, could it be a problem with a older OS? or might the mouse just be faultly? i am using one of the USB ports on the back of the mobo (u know the ones just below the PS2 ports) its not connected via a USB hub or anything. has anyone else had problems like this? any ideas gratefully appreciated.

thank you

Susan B
24-09-2002, 10:14 AM
Try using the PS2 connector and see if it does it with that. Mouses can be a bit funny on USB with older OSs it seems.

Peter H
24-09-2002, 10:14 AM
Did you install the drivers that come with the mouse? Had a look at mouse properties etc ?
Bye

Chilling_Silence
24-09-2002, 10:18 AM
Check with UT that it hasn't been re-configured for some weird reason because of the new mouse being on USB and not PS2 like it was used to. I previously used a USB - PS2 Adapter at one stage.

tweak\'e
24-09-2002, 10:26 AM
there is a patch at MS for win98 for USB (as i found out after finding my new usb mouse wouldn't work :( ) give that a try it may help.

Pete O\'Neil
24-09-2002, 10:59 AM
ah i had a feeling that could be the replys i get. i have check UT and there seems to be no new modifications to the setup. i'm going to update the drivers for the motherboard and try the update that tweak'e reconmended hoping they wrk. otherwise its back to PS2

thanx

Peter H
24-09-2002, 11:15 AM
I use the same mouse on W98se - but on PS2 port. Can't see much other use for this port so it's leaves my USB port free. Only problem that I have had with it, is the "snap to" function didn't always work. Tried all the MS fixes for this, but finished up using "togglemouse" Let's know how you get on.
Bye