PDA

View Full Version : Missing file

mt_lorraine
23-09-2002, 06:27 PM
I have loaded Windows ME onto a computer but there are no Windows Help files. When I click Start then Help it tells me that the file SENSAPL.DLL is missing. Can anyone tell me what this file is and what is does and where I can get it from.

Baldy
23-09-2002, 06:56 PM
I have tried both Google and MS Help, but no information available.

Can you please re-check the spelling, and re-post if incorrect.

BALDY:-)

mt_lorraine
24-09-2002, 11:28 AM
I think I might know what the problem may be. A friend of mine was given an old computer with Win 95 on it and so I upgraded to Win ME for her but I think I should have reformatted the hard drive first and done a clean install instead of upgrade. While it was installing ME it did not install the Help files and when you go to use Help, this is where it says about the missing SENSAPL.DLL file (which I could not find on the Net or on the ME CD), which is real curious. The spelling is correct though. Anyway, I will reformat her hard drive and do a clean install and hope that will solve the problem. Her computer is old but has plenty of RAM and enough hard drive (with tons of room to spare). It is only a 166 and is slow but other than the Help files, everything else is running smooth as.
Will get back to you if I don't have any luck with the clean install. Many thanks.