PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express 5

ocker
22-09-2002, 11:42 PM
Using Windows 98se with Outlook Express 5, can't open Deleted Items folder HELP

Susan B
23-09-2002, 10:33 AM
Is this a recent problem?

Do you remember when the problem began and what you were doing prior to the problem?

Are you wanting to save items in the Deleted Items folder that were sent there by mistake?

Help depends on the answers to these questions.

Poppa John
23-09-2002, 09:09 PM
Susan B As a matter of interest, A friend has bought herself a SH HP computer, It has OE5 on it, we are in the process of connecting to the Net. Question, If I download OE6 instead of OE5, am I going to upset the computer I get myself into A "Womans Wrath" ? Chicken Poppa John.

parry
23-09-2002, 09:34 PM
G'day Ocker & welcome to PF1. Does an error message appear when you try and open the deleted folder?

Susan B
23-09-2002, 10:27 PM
Poppa John: sorry, I'm not with you.

The SH HP computer has OE5 on it and you want to download OE6 instead of OE5 - why would you want to download OE5 when it already has it??

I'm not giving any advice without knowing the system's specs and OS either... you know better than that Poppa! :O

Baldy
23-09-2002, 10:37 PM
Hi Poppa,

If you download IE6 you will get Outlook 6.

I wouldn't bother. I would be more inclined to download Netscape 7. You will get a free 5MB mail box, and still have Outlook 5

BALDY:-)

ocker
23-09-2002, 11:11 PM
No the screen just freezes

Poppa John
23-09-2002, 11:32 PM
Susan. I don't know much about the m/c myself yet, except it has ME & OE5. Q is "can I put OE6 on the m/c on top of OE5 (existing) & not make a mess of it. At this stage don't know which IE she has. Poppa John
P S I love it when you Growl at me. I go all shivery inside. P J ]:) ]:) ]:)

parry
24-09-2002, 04:00 PM
Hi Ocker, this thread seems to have been hijacked by others who appear to be having their own conversation & arent attempting to assist with your problem. Quite rude but nevermind.

I have had a look at the MS Knowledge Base and there doesnít seem to be an article detailing your problem. It seems as though one or more files for OE5 has been corrupted/damaged so you may have to reinstall OE5 (or perhaps upgrade to ver 6) to fix.

Before doing that though, export your emails and address book as a backup in case anything goes wrong. See this link below about backing up.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q188854

Jim B
24-09-2002, 04:40 PM
It might be a corrupted Deleted Items folder.
Go to
C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{GUID}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

Depending on your operating system and upgrade history, your store folder might be located elsewhere. To determine the location of your store, with OE open click Tools| Options| Maintenance| Store folder.

Delete: Deleted Items.dbx When OE is restarted a new one will be created.
You will loose all messages in deleted items when you do this so if you want to access anything again move the contents before you delete Deleted Items .dbx

Susan B
24-09-2002, 06:27 PM
> Hi Ocker, this thread seems to have been hijacked by others who appear to be having their own conversation & arent attempting to assist with your problem. Quite rude but nevermind.

If you're referring to me I highly resent that Parry.

I do NOT hijack other people's help threads, NOR do I have "conversations" in them. You had better not be accusing me of that.

If you look closely I was the first person to respond to Ocker's post and gave him three questions to answer instead of wasting my time giving lots of different instructions which wouldn't help one bit.

Whilst waiting for an answer Poppa joined in and although it would have been better for him to start his own thread, he didn't and I could hardly be rude and ignore his legitimate question, could I? I'm not responsible for what other things he posts.

Meanwhile, you turn up, then Baldy kindly offers Poppa some advice. It's unfortunate that we aren't exactly getting a lot of response from Ocker, thus giving it the appearance of another "hijacked thread".

Well Parry, the thread's all yours now. I'm just going off to try to get my knickers out of the twist they are now in.

Poppa John
24-09-2002, 06:35 PM
Ocker & Parry & All. yes you are right, I should have started another thread, I am Sorry. I wil know better in future. Apologetic Embarrassed Poppa John :|

parry
24-09-2002, 07:09 PM
Thank you PJ. No I was not refering to you Susan and yes I did notice your post. I wouldnt normally say anything but it's the first post that Ocker had made & it may appear this is just a chat line where he/she may or may not get a response. You could easily feel ignored is all Iím pointing out.

Storm in a teacup so sorry if I caused a stir.

Parry :-)

ocker
24-09-2002, 09:14 PM
Thanking that worked, all is ok again