PDA

View Full Version : Nero 5.5.9.0 doesn't use Justlink Anymore? Why?

Chilling_Silence
17-09-2002, 03:52 PM
I had windows 98SE running Nero 5.5.9.0, 933Mhz Celeron, with 128MB RAM. It wouldn't burn at any faster than 8x before Justlink woul dhave to prevent Buffer Under-Run (It comes up afterwards saying how many times it's been prevented). Since getting Win2000, installing on the same partition, Nero has been able to burn at 32x and still doesn't need JustLink. Why? I've got the same number of progs and stuff running, Priority class for Nero can stil be set to Low and It'll do it. Burning exactly the same files and stuff. I've checked to make sure that the notifications are on, and even when I turn Justlink off it's fine!
It's a Richoh MPA Something, Can't remember the rest.
Anybody know why this is?

Cheers

Chilling_Silence

Peter H
17-09-2002, 04:35 PM
W98se - Duron 1g - Nero 5.5.9.0 - Aopen 40 12 48 and just link works fine. Haven't burnt anything for a while, but from memory only once did that message come up re buffer under-run. Think I have max writing speed set to 32 to be on the safe side.
Bye

Chilling_Silence
17-09-2002, 04:39 PM
MMMM, It burns fine, I'm just curious why in 98 it wouldn't burn at faster than 8x before having to call on justlink, whereas in 2000, it is able to burn a whole CD at 32x without using it at all.
Same progs running in background (almost none in sys tray I mean..)
I'm dual booting so if you have a question I can go back to 98 and have a look for ya

Cheers

Chilling_Silence

BTW, When using a 300Mhz, with 64MB RAM, (My Old PC) it wouldn't do higher than 4x, and even then it was very shakey running 98SE... Just thought I'd add that