PDA

View Full Version : anyone like or dislike paltalk program

petemit
14-09-2002, 05:47 PM
hi ive got several friends who use a web program called paltalk to talk to each other online and ive been thinking of downloading and useing it however several reviews ive read on it havnt been good ie it causes system crashes and can be hard to remove from your computer and that its pretty invasive just wondered if any of the many people who follow this forum have any first hand knowledge of it and weater they like it or not
thanks pete

wotz
14-09-2002, 05:55 PM
I've seen it on my mothers pc. Too many ads or pop ups (don't remember which) for my liking.

Kiwitas
14-09-2002, 08:35 PM
Hi petemit,

I used Paltalk about 12months ago and found it OK

But if you want to use voice messages,make sure your modem supports

full-duplex.

Paltalk does have on-line help that will *Talk you through the set-up*

I find Yahoo Messenger very good and easy to set-up

MSN Messenger is also good for "text chatting" but for voice messaging if one party has WindowsXP then the other does too!

It works ok in all aspects on all other Windows OS's

Cheers,Kiwitas,;-)

Bazza
14-09-2002, 09:31 PM
Hi Pete: I've used Paltalk for a few years now. It is excellent. I have not found to be invasive, or cause crashes.

Sure there are ad popups when the program is opened & closed, but hey the program is free. You can avoid the adverts by registering to Paltalk Plus, at a cost of about US$29 per year, but I have never bothered.

The audio quality is mostly very good. You can have a one to one talk, or setup your own 'room' where you can invite family/friends in.

Apart from audio talk, file transfers can be made & web cams used.

Like other chat programs, there are very many 'rooms' of various topics, but one can avoid these, and use paltalk to speak with your friends & family.

I can recommend it.