PDA

View Full Version : M.S Windows Movie Maker-latest version?

J ZEP
14-09-2002, 10:54 AM
Hi all, small prob/question in relation to the latest version of Moviemaker - I have version 1.2.2541.0 and had done an update from windows update awhile prior to installing SP1. I notice that there is another update at win. update since applying sp1, i can't work out what is the latest version the one i have or the one at update (as i am thinking it may be the one applied awhile back). Because the update one says:
Windows Movie Maker version 1.2.1 is an update for Windows Movie Maker 1.1, 1.1.1, and 1.2, which were released in Windows XP Home Edition and Windows XP Professional. Users who want to create high quality movies that use the latest Windows Media Audio and Video codecs and increase the maximum display size for recording should download this update.

Now if i have version 1.2.2541.0 - surely that is later i.e the 1.2.2??? But why is it showing as one i haven't got then?
Can anybody please tell me what version they have as i was unable to find any date of release for this new patch - and if it is an older version i will be going back which i don't want! (But i do know if you try to install older versions they usually say don't they?)
And shouldn't the latest update have been in sp1 anyway?
Basically can anybody using this give me the latest version as i couldn't find any reference to the version i am using.
Thank you :-)

Mike
14-09-2002, 11:01 AM
J ZEP,

I've just installed SP1 and so I checked my Movie Maker - it's the same as yours, 1.2.2541.0 - however I hadn't made any MM updates before SP1. So the one at the win update site just might be a more up to date one - it might give a version number like 1.2.1.2541.0, or more likely 1.2.2541.1

Microsoft have some really weird version numbers out there, so neither of these would really surprise me :)

Mike.

godfather
14-09-2002, 11:26 AM
The one at the update site is Beta only ....install at your own risk.

J ZEP
14-09-2002, 01:39 PM
Thanks Mike & Godfather, and i hadn't seen that it was a beta either, so i might hold off a bit i think, the windows media player 9 was beta i think?
:-)

Mike
14-09-2002, 05:35 PM
> windows media player 9 was beta i think?

Windows media player 9 is v. good and well worth the download IMHO. :D

Mike.

J ZEP
14-09-2002, 07:31 PM
Thanks for that imfo Mike, I have been contemplating downloading it, but was mainly put off by the fact it was still beta and i hadn't heard any feedback on it, think i might just give it a go then, if you have been using it and obviously haven't had any probs.(I was hoping it may have been in the SP1,no such luck) Thanks Mike :-)

Mike
14-09-2002, 07:42 PM
I had heard that both WMP9 and DirectX9 were going to be release in SP1, but obviously they got behind in their work and didn't get it in on time :)

Yeah I quite like WMP9. It's not overly different from v8, but there are some extras that make it worth the download, including extra Tag editing capabilities, and the option to rate each song, and even set a mood for each song so that you can play according to how high it's rated, or what mood you're in. And (woohoo) you can even change the colour of the player :)

Also it's been out for a long time in various forms, this is the big public beta, which will probably be pretty close to the final release.

Mike.