PDA

View Full Version : Outlook

veterannz
13-09-2002, 08:36 PM
I am running win98 se and Office xp. For some reason, in the last couple of days, I keep getting "unable to find the email server"
I had not changed any of the settings and I'm fairly certain that the settings are OK.
Outlook express is working OK but is not my default

Marty2001
13-09-2002, 09:17 PM
sometimes I have seen Nortons change the pop3 server to pop.norton.com and email reception stops working. Can you look at this setting and can you send email OK?

Jim B
13-09-2002, 10:01 PM
It is normal for Norton to change the Pop3 server setting if Scan incoming mail is set in Norton Options.
If this fails to work change the Pop3 server setting back to your ISP server setting and change your Account name in the mail program to just your username as Norton adds extra to this as well..

This will get your mail working but the next computer restart will put the Norton settings back in and it may continue to work like this, if not there is info on the Norton site about solving this problem.

Big John
14-09-2002, 08:49 AM
> It is normal for Norton to change the Pop3 server setting if Scan incoming mail is set in Norton Options.

Only in the pre 2002 version. Since 2002 Nortons no longer requires the pop3 setup to be changed

wotz
14-09-2002, 09:04 AM
I had trouble collecting mail from Paradise ith Outlook Express 2 days ago. I reset all the pop3 and smtp settings and password.