PDA

View Full Version : Previous Hotmail login

Sam H
11-09-2002, 07:12 PM
When I go to Hotmail and start to log in there is always my old email address that drops down when I start to type in my new one. I shut down the old one through hotmail when I stopped using it, I have cleared auto complete and gone to user profiles, manage network passports and deleted the account that I used to use the email with for MSN.

Why is it still there?

Chilling_Silence
11-09-2002, 09:13 PM
Have u also cleared cookies as well as autocomplete? What Browser?

Sam H
11-09-2002, 09:41 PM
Yeah cookies and history and temp files have been cleared many times since I closed the account. I actually closed the old account about 2-3 months ago, then went and used yahoo. I have just recently opened a new hotmail account after having problems with my yahoo email account getting too much spam from things I have signed up for and registered with using the yahoo address.

using IE 6 , WinXP Home

Jester
11-09-2002, 10:43 PM
Hi

If you mean the box that pops up when signing into messenger or chat, the only way I have found to do this (so far) is to go to "Help and Support" (Press F1 whilst on the destop).

Type in delete stored user names in the search box.

Click on Open Stored User Names and Passwords link there.

Select the ones you wish to delete then click Remove.

Hope this helps, clearing cookies and temp files etc doesn't seem to clear this info.

The link to the above area is:
ms-its:C:\WINDOWS\Help\Key.chm::/EXEC=,rundll32,keymgr.dll,KRShowKeyMgr CHM=ntshared.chm FILE=alt_url_windows_component.htm

Maybe someone could point out how to disable this auto listing of email/.net addresses? It doesn't store passwords unless you ask it to, but the email addy stays until you follow the steps outlined above.

J
:D